Re: Verizon phones are AWFUL but Customer Service is WORSE
Jude526

Sounds like a lot of attitude !  All devices have a one yr warranty and IF you are going to have a BB  you are WISE to have insurance on it or an extended warranty.  And your father should had gotten that on your phone.

And as mentioned earlier if you are over 18 then get your own account

Verizon has the best service and their customer service reps are great as well.  People sure try to take advantage of them and it is ashame.  There is always going to be an issue.  But don't blame a company for you not taking responsibility to have an extended warranty or insurance on your phone.  How do you treat your BB  ?  Do you throw it around...........are you careful with it?  User abuse can certainly take a toll on a device too  Just like being rough on a car and not taking care of it properly  It will certainly give you issues if you don't care for it !

0 Likes
Re: Verizon phones are AWFUL but Customer Service is WORSE
outamyway

The problem with the warranty is that it only covers the 1st year of your contract. It does not cover the phone for a year. If it did, I would already have my 10th BB Storm. No matter when you get a replacement, the warranty is only good for 1 year from the date of the contract. So, if you get a replacement phone 364 days after signing your contract, and the next day is does what every single BB I've had does (i.e. malfunction), you are then out of luck. Ask me how I know this...

The last time I was in the store, the cust svc agent spent most of his time with me checking his email on that little clipboard device they have. At first i thought he was trying to research solutions to my problem, but when I happened to see what he was doing I  became pretty agitated. 

To all the people that are quick t say things like "If you don't like it go somewhere else" or "All the other companies are junk, Verizon is the best" What's it to you? Why are you so far up Verizon's colon? Some people on here clearly have issues with either their device or verizon's (lack of) customer service, or both. If I buy something, I expect it to work. If I pay for a service, I expect it to be satisfactory. I've been a customer of Verizon for 11 years. I've never had as many cust svc issues with them as I have in the last year and frankly I'm pretty disappointed. BTW, my non-BB phone (my Wife's phone) never has any problems. I use my BB for business so I need to have it. However, when it is humid, I cannot use the touchscreen. Since I live in the south, it is almost always humid, therefore i cannot use my phone when I go outside. This would not come in very handy if I were involved in an accident or witnessed some kind of emergency for which I might need to dial 911.

0 Likes