Verizon's reaction?
oysterman

Seems that the update to the Tour looks like a disappointment. Any reaction from Verizon? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon's reaction?
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Are you referring to the upcoming Essex/Tour2/Bold device? If you are, I'm not sure whom Verizon would be reacting to, since it hasn't been officially announced yet.

What about it disappoints you? The reason I ask is I've seen comments on other forums, and I don't understand why it's a letdown. This device has everything I want -- trackpad, global capabilities, Wi-Fi, 3.2mp camera, and same keyboard as the Bold.

EDIT: I should say, it's RUMORED to have these things. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I think the original poster may have been referring to the latest OS update for the Tour.  I did not install for some users, and others have the problem with the browser, including myself.  I'm sure another OS upgrade will be out soon to take care of those problems.

Doc

0 Likes
reedsprstr00

I did the update last week, everything was fine, until yesterday morning. I was a little ticked that it reset alot of stuff, and moved my shortcuts. I was going to send a text, it is a little more complicated to do, put the number in and my phone flashed a couple times, then it just shut down, not like totally off, just to a blank screen with this message," Technical Issues, please return to place of purchase for repair" I went into the Verizon store yesterday to get it resolved, but they said I would have to wait for another one in the mail. Since it is the weekend that means I won't have a phone until Tuesday evening. This is not acceptable to me, and I let them know that. Between my husband's tour and mine, this will make the 9th phone in six months. I wish I would have known about all the problems this phone had! The manager at the store said I was like the 10th person in the past couple days. I wonder why I was so lucky?

0 Likes
oysterman

Yea I was wondering about Verizon's reaction to the software update that seems to be a problem. I haven't seen any kind of reaction in writing from Verizon nor Blackberry for that matter.

0 Likes
tracyschef

VZW told me that the OS upgrade should have fixed all the problems. That it is not a buggy phone and that everyone at VZW loves their tours and they are working great. So why am I on my 4th one in six months.

0 Likes
peakcomp

I would personally like to see a reaction to the new OS from VZW also.  Upon contacting Customer Service, they told me pretty much to live with the update until the next one is released or..dont upgrade at all!  lol

Ken

0 Likes
Jude526

the new patch still not acceptable to me.  I have a lot of complaints.  Too many changes made to the OS and i think I may be leaving BB when my contract is up

I have a friend on TMobile and she doesn't have this **bleep** 1+ dialing on her new Bold.  And Verizon states this is BB doing this.

So if this is RIM  why not on all the carriers ?  The 4.7 doesn't have this nor does it have the other issues I don't like.

poor battery life

1+ dialing

email not staying in email folder after sending

threaded texting

cant use my own ringtones

screen freeze

0 Likes
Jude526

I didn't cuss for a bleep to happen  LOL

0 Likes