Very poor signal in Phoenix, AZ.
rgray
Contributor - Level 1

I'm having problems getting a good signal in Phoenix and Chandler Arizona. I rarely get a full signal or LTE. The Preferred Network Type setting is set to Global. Should it be set to LET/CDMA?

Screenshot_2016-10-14-08-55-31.png

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Very poor signal in Phoenix, AZ.
rgray
Contributor - Level 1

In addition I moved my SIM card to another PRIV and got the same poor signal. Verizon also replaced my SIM card (in store) but it hasn't helped.

vzw_customer_support

marcuss_vzw
Verizon Employee

Rgray, we're sorry to see that you are having some issues with connecting to the network. We're here to help figure out what's going on. When did this start happening? What zip-codes are you experiencing this in?

MarcusS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupportIf my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
rgray
Contributor - Level 1

85226 this is my home zip code

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for this information. You do appear to be properly covered at this location. How long have you been experiencing these issues? Are you only experiencing these issues when indoors?

HarleyE_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
rgray
Contributor - Level 1

I've been experiencing these issues for a few months now. Do you think a software update is needed for my PRIV? Are there any updates coming out for the Blackberry PRIV?vzw_customer_support

0 Likes
rgray
Contributor - Level 1

vzw_customer_support​ I'm in another part of Phoenix 30 miles from home and I still get poort signal strength. Very little (if any) LTE coverage on my PRIV.

Zip code 85027.

Is there a software update that can help with this issue?

0 Likes
rgray
Contributor - Level 1

@MarcusS_VZW Any news on this?

0 Likes
sheritah_vzw
Verizon Employee

Having the latest software can definitely have a positive impact on your phone. We understand why you're checking to make sure your phone is up to date. We're glad to answer your software question. The most recent software version for the Blackberry Priv is AAF055 and it was released on 06/02/2016. Go to Apps, Settings, About Phone and provide us with the Build number.

0 Likes
rgray
Contributor - Level 1

@sheritah_vzw Verizon's latest software for the PRIV is over 5 months old.  Other carriers have pushed out Blackberry security updates on a monthly basis. They've also released Marshmallow, the next version of the Android operating system.Verizon hasn't done anything to keep the PRIV up to date.

Verizon is doing nothing to keep the PRIV up to date. So please don't suggest we get the latest software for our PRIV when vzw_customer_support​ doesn't provide them.

If you had visited this forum more often you'd know this but it sounds like you don't

0 Likes