Video Problem
mckibbon

I just purchased a Blackberry Q10 last month and I am having difficulty with the video feature.  I followed the instructions for taking videos and the video recording seems to start; however, the counter at the bottom right continues but the actual video action stops at 00.05.  The counter continues and the red light stays on, but the video stops and doesn't record anything.  I would be interested in knowing if any one else has encountered this problem and how it was overcome.  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Video Problem
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mckibbon,

Congratulations on your new phone! We want you to enjoy all the features of your phone and I'm happy to help with your videos. Please make sure your video camera icon is selected and to start recording, tap anywhere on the screen. Please make sure, the screen is not tapped again, as this will stop it. If this has been done, please reply to this post for further assistance.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mckibbon

I had already followed all of the steps outlined in your response and the video still doesn't record.   As I stated in my initial message, I followed the instructions for taking videos and the video recording seems to start; however, the counter at the bottom right continues but the actual video action stops at 00.05.  The counter continues and the red light stays on, but the video stops and doesn't record anything.  I do not tap the screen again, but the video action stops at 00.05. Do I need a video card?

Bambi

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
mckibbon

This is just a note to follow up.

Bambi

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mckibbon,

Really appreciate you giving that a shot. Now, has this issue been persistent since you first got the phone? And have you taken up a good amount of memory with other things like pictures? Finally, have you tried just restarting the device and testing? We can definitely move into more advanced troubleshooting steps if necessary.

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mckibbon

Yes.  The problem has been persistent since I purchased the phone.  I deleted 5 photos and have 11 remaining.  I tried the video again and it worked.  Thank you for your suggestion re the memory issue. 

Bambi

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mckibbon,

The time stoppage for your video recording may be heavily due to the amount of memory left on the device. Do you know if your device includes an SD/memory card? If so, what is the GB's available?

EfrainM_VZWSupport

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mckibbon

According to the specifications which came with my phone, it has 2 GB RAM, 16 GB flash memory, and a micro SD card slot.  My current storage details indicate that I am using 4.6 GB of the 16 GB.  I did record four videos last evening.

Bambi

0 Likes