Voicemail option is missing from the Hub.
sehale01
Enthusiast - Level 1

Got the new Verizon Releases 10.2.1.2976 SW, 10.2.1.3253 OS and the voicemail option is missing from the Hub.  It was there before the update.  I left myself a message and it didn't show up.  Nor did a battery pull or Hub refresh.  Any help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Voicemail option is missing from the Hub.
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

The VoiceMail disappearing happened before with an earlier version of the 10.2.1 software a few months ago.  They had fixed it when they released the official 10.2.1.2180 version.  I am hoping a patch will come out.  The only work around was to reinstall the operating system with BlackBerry Link software.  Obviously, another fix would be to downgrade back to the prior version of .2180. 

One thing, if you reinstall the software to the current new OS, the problem will happen again until a fix is made.  I know this doesn't help your immediate problem, but just thought I would let you know of my past experience with the problem, so you will know it is not a hardware problem on your device.

Doc

0 Likes
Re: Voicemail option is missing from the Hub.
sehale01
Enthusiast - Level 1

Doc - thanks for the thorough and informative reply.  I stumbled upon a work around that restored the voicemail item to the Hub.  I installed/activated Visual Voicemail and reluctantly agreed to the $2.99 monthly fee.  Within minutes, a Visual Voicemail item appeared in the Hub.  I called myself and left a voicemail and also received another one and the Hub updated accordingly.  However, this was not the simple voicemail that I needed, and I didn't want to start paying a fee, so I de-activated Visual Voicemail.  The Visual Voicemail option in the Hub converted to the "regular" voicemail icon and retained both previous messages.  All is working fine now and voicemails received after the Visual Voicemail deactivation are indicated in the Hub.  Thanks again.

0 Likes