Voicemail through a forwarded phone not working
bkbatt

Hi,  I have a Curve.  When a phone call is forwarded from our office, I see it show up as an incoming call.  If I can't pick it up for some reason, it does go to voicemail.  Caller can leave a message.  BUT it does not show up as a voicemail on my phone, and there is no way to retrieve the voicemail.  This is only a problem when the call comes through as forwarded from my office phone.  HELP!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Voicemail through a forwarded phone not working
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

This may be way off base but first thing I have to ask, is it possible that the voicemails are going to your work vociemail account?  Can you log into their system and check for messages?  I am going to continue to research this but more then likely we're going to need more information to determine what is causing this.  What is the call forwarding system you're using?

0 Likes
bkbatt

Michelle, it is forwarded through ATT, set up through the phone system box. (AVAYA?)  Real technical answer, huh?

0 Likes
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

bkbatt wrote:

Michelle, it is forwarded through ATT, set up through the phone system box. (AVAYA?)  Real technical answer, huh?

Hello there.  I have sent an email to AVAYA to see if this issue would be on their end.  I'm going to PM you the web address and my email to them.  We'll get it figured out!  I wish I could fix it instantaneously but this one's going to take a minute.  Do you have a tech person at your work who handles the phones? 

0 Likes
bkbatt

We don't have a tech person.  We are a medium sized real estate office.  Our office manager is [edit]

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Jagger-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

If I understand you correctly, you ARE able to get a "Voice Message Waiting" indicator for other incoming Voice Mail messages, but NOT when someone leaves you a message from your forwarded office line OR are you not getting ANY message waiting indicator? 

It does not matter where the call orignated to our voice mail system.  Once a message is deposited into our voice mail system you should be getting a "Message Waiting" indicator... This may sound like a **bleep** question, but how do you know that you are not getting the indicator for only those forwarded messages?  Are  you going in and finding messages that your phone has not told you that you have?  What device do you carry? 

0 Likes
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

did you get the private message about contacting your vm provider?  If so were you able to get any resolution on the issue?

0 Likes