tf

Does verizon offer any of there blackberrys with wifi?

and if you have wifi..to my understanding..you do not need to purchase a data plan?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: WIFI
tf

can anyone answer my question?

0 Likes
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

tf wrote:

Does verizon offer any of there blackberrys with wifi?

and if you have wifi..to my understanding..you do not need to purchase a data plan?

Good Afternoon, the Blackberry Storm 2 has wifi and if you own and smart phone you must have a data plan....please research the plan options at www.vzw.com

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
tf

why would you need the data plan..if wifi enables you to use the internet as long as there is an access point?

what is the point of verizon selling a wifi enabled phone then..if they are going to force you to buy a data plan?

0 Likes
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

tf wrote:

why would you need the data plan..if wifi enables you to use the internet as long as there is an access point?

what is the point of verizon selling a wifi enabled phone then..if they are going to force you to buy a data plan?

To protect your wallet!  Basically when you are not near a wifi you can still access your email and internet and not be charged 1.99 a MB. There is no way to turn off the data so if you didn't have a data plan inevitably you will use data and end up with a large data charge.  However when you're hooked on to the wifi you can save your data, just monitor how much you end up really using and tailor your data plan to fit your true needs.

0 Likes
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

The Curve 2 also has wifi

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

HI,

Adding to what Michele posted about data plans, James with Verizon Wireless explained this very nicely in this post in one of the other forums here.  Kudos to him for a great post explaining data charges and requirements.

Doc

0 Likes