Want to get rid of Blackberry and get a different phone
McLovin
I got a blackberry 2 months ago and realized that I don't use the data part of the plan at all. I was wondering if it would be cheaper to back out now and get a new phone with no data or to just keep the service. I do want to stay with Verizon and was wondering if they would try to work something out with me. Does anyone else have experience with this?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Want to get rid of Blackberry and get a different phone
StormModder
Contributor - Level 1
too late to exchange phone.  But you can always get another phone either at cost, or get it from someone else and activate it.  If you don't want your Blackberry, then just put it up on eBay or Craigslist to get the money back.
0 Likes
Bsmith151
If you will not use the data plan, and do not intend to ever use it, keeping it will cost around $360 per year (assuming you have the $29.99 basic BB data plan and not the $44.99 BES plan).  You need to determine if selling the curve and using the proceeds to offset the cost of a new phone at full retail price makes economic sense.  Most likely it will since you said that you still want to stay with Verizon.
0 Likes
StormModder
Contributor - Level 1
well, given that most phones are in the >$400 range at full cost, it's going to be a better financial decision to go with a new phone and sell the Curve.
0 Likes