Wanting to switch to Blackberry Z10: Smart or not?
kritterguy

I am currently using a Casio Commando, and am not happy with it.  It does a multitude of weird things almost like it's haunted.  I won't elaborate on them, but needless to say it's time for a change.

My main interest is the new Blackberry Z10, but being fair I have considered I phones (4, 4S, 5) and Motorola android phones too.  Of course reading the reviews is helpful, and sometimes confusing but, all in all I still think I want to go with the Blackberry Z10.

My Question to all of you readers is: CAN YOU GIVE ME REASONS TO BUY IT, OR NOT TO BUY IT?

I am hoping this will not be as a review, but just plain facts and honesty on each of your opinions...

Thanks, Anxiously awaiting !!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wanting to switch to Blackberry Z10: Smart or not?
spitxfire
Contributor - Level 3

The Z10 failed rather miserably.  It seemed like a great phone I was able to play with it but you're asking to compare apples and oranges, and pineapples really comparing almost every OS check out the compare tool to see if there's something you don't like that's a deal breaker.

0 Likes
greenfather
Enthusiast - Level 1

I own the Z-10 and it is by far the best smartphone I've owned and is arguably the best on the market. That said, different strokes for different folks. I used to have an iPhone and I have to say that compared to that, the z-10 is much more advanced and beats the iPhone in virtually every category spec and OS wise. The only drawback is limited apps, which for me isn't a problem because once Skype is up and running very soon, I will have everything I need. (You can also load Android apps!)

I'm not sure what the other poster is referring to when he/she says "it has failed miserably". Those type of comments should be backed-up by supporting analysis. Just because someone says something, it doesn't make it true. Everyone from my grandmother to my nephew has an iPhone because they are easy to use and are popular. If you're looking for an advanced communications tool with the best browser, best keyboard and tons of fresh and useful features give the Z-10 a shot. You may just really love it.

kritterguy

Thanks for the reply.  I am continuing to research various phones and I still am leaning heavily toward the Z10.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

How's the Messaging on it)  is the Black Berry still Keen on the Messaging when i had my Curve the Text and Email was what i call Crazy Good Never did i have an issue with the Messages going through Only except when the Service was Down..

0 Likes
BRJCPA

NOT YET!  I really like the Z10 but it has one big issue right now.  POP3 emails will not send due to some message header issues.  It appears to be a known issue and BB has resolved and provided a huge upgrade, however Verizon has not released.  IT WOULD BE NICE IF VERIZON WOULD LET YOU KNOW THE ISSUES BEFORE YOU SPEND HOURS FINDING OUT ON YOUR OWN.  So, ask verizon when they are going to provide the upgrade, then I switch.  Had I known I would have stayed with the BB Bold until after the upgrade.  Corporate greed, I just wished they would worry about my business which pays there bills!

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

I second BRJCPA's suggestion to wait until after Verizon Wireless releases the update for the Z10 before you buy it.  I had the Z10 on another carrier and had to return it; I'm not willing to wait on an update to see if it fixes a phone that I already own.  The phone has to work properly during the buyer's remorse period, or I'm not keeping it. 

I say try any phone that you are considering out in the store before you buy it.  You didn't give us what is important to you in a phone, so it's kind of hard to make a recommendation.  All phones will make calls, send text messages, allow you to check emails and browse the internet.  After those things, different people use their phones in different ways and place different levels of importance on certain things.  You have to know what is important to you in order to find a device that's a good fit for you.

0 Likes
leewclark
Contributor - Level 1

I have had a great experience with the Z10.  I do not require a great deal of app's, so the phone suits my needs.  I need the messaging and e-mail functionalities which are fantastic.  It is truly BBerry's strength.  The Browser is super fast, from what I have read it is faster than the iphone 5 and one of the fastest on the market.  As long as I have quick access to the Internet and can book mark the sites I need, I am fine with the app count as it exists.  I do not use my phone for games so it is perfect for me.  I understand however, it does gaming well.  I hope this is helpful.  I guess I fall into the group of folks that look for tools and not toys when purchasing a phone.

0 Likes
kritterguy

Thanks for responding.  I too want tools more than games, and your choice of tools nearly equals my needs.  I would have a few apps I would download, such as "skydroid"  which is a GPS system used when playing golf

0 Likes
painterface

I'm in the same boat as you. I've been looking at different phones for a while now and have it down to the z10 and the upcoming Lumia 928, which is Verizon's version on the Lumia 920. If you haven't checked it out, do so. It's an awesome phone. Verizon's version will be thinner and have a couple of improvements. The Lumia 928 should be revealed in about a week, and hopefully debut on Verizon this month.

I also considered the Note 2, but my wife has an s3 and I'm not too sold on it. There's also the galaxy s4 to consider, coming out on May 30th.

The z10 looks awesome, though. I've played with it at stores and it's really smooth. The browser is awesome(and I've tried them all.) I've read tons of reviews, check out posts, heard pros and cons, and the only thing that most people seem to not like is the lack of apps. Some don't think the camera is up to par with the latest devices. Some don't like Verizon's slow updates on the device. And of course a few want a 1080p screen and a quad-core processor, but the screen seems great and from what I've read it really doesn't need that powerful of a processor(the iphone 5 seems to be doing just fine on a dual-core one.)

I say get it now(you have two weeks in which to return it) or wait for the Lumia 928 or s4. Or just check out those three phones in reviews and pick which one you think suits you best.

I'm (im)patiently awaiting the Lumia 928, but am very close to just getting the Blackberry Z10.

0 Likes