Wants to get rid of blackberry storm because I Wants to save money, can I?
StevieB

Ive had a blackberry storm since last July and I realized I made a mistake with a smartphone with the extra paying I'm 18 and about to get ready for college I want to save money the best way I can, can i use and upgrade and purchase a new cellphone, not smartphone, and activate that and start fresh and sell my storm? Or do i have to stay with the storm for two years and afford it barely?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Wants to get rid of blackberry storm because I Wants to save money, can I?
MacDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

xOriginalNinjax wrote:
You might be able to find someone on a forum that has a regular phone that would trade with you, just make sure to check the ESN before doing the exchange so you don't get **bleep**.

That won't Fly, He's stuck in the contract for the storm, which means 2 years of data charge. Only option, pay the early termination fee and get a cheep phone and pay as you go.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
xOriginalNinjax
Contributor - Level 1
You might be able to find someone on a forum that has a regular phone that would trade with you, just make sure to check the ESN before doing the exchange so you don't get **bleep**.
0 Likes
MacDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

xOriginalNinjax wrote:

That won't Fly, He's stuck in the contract for the storm, which means 2 years of data charge. Only option, pay the early termination fee and get a cheep phone and pay as you go.

0 Likes
xOriginalNinjax
Contributor - Level 1
Not true. Data package is a feature, and your contract doesn't lock your price plan or device, only into a binding contract that you have service.
0 Likes
xOriginalNinjax
Contributor - Level 1
Per the customer agreement: You're agreeing to subscribe to a line of Service either on a month–to–month basis or for a minimum contract term, as shown on your receipt or order confirmation. (If your Service is suspended without billing, that time doesn't count toward completing your contract term.) Once you've completed your contract term, you'll automatically become a customer on a month–to–month basis for that line of Service. I don't see ANYWHERE where it says you're agreeing to pay for a specefic plan/feature package for those two years or that you cannot change devices with another device.
0 Likes
StevieB

So what should I do? Just use an upgrade,buy a new phone and activate it with my number? Then with the smartphone(storm) features will be gone? And I can get rid of the phone?

0 Likes
SureTypeBandit
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree!  You can change your plan at anytime! I would just talk to a verizon rep on the phone and see what they can do for you. Don't go into a store, they just jerk you around.  The peeps that work the phone lines are extremely helpful and willing im sure to point you in the right direction!

0 Likes
Maverick29

If you can find a regular handset that can be activated on the Verizon network you can put it on your line, then it will take off the Blackberry and the required plan.  So I would ask family/friends who you know if they're on Verizon if they have old phones lying around that you can activate on your line.  Just make sure if you're not buying through customer service or the store that the ESN is clear to activate on Verizon.

0 Likes
StevieB

ok thats what i really want to do! you sure this will work? i think my mom asked a verizon employee and he said im stuck with the plan for the remaining two years? i just think there paid to say that to get money from costumers?

0 Likes