Weird noise on Storm 2
LilRedHead
Recently my Storm 2 has been making a weird noise on out going calls. If I call out, within 1 minute the noise will start and continues through out the whole call. It has only started this within the past week. When the noise goes off, I can not hear what the other person is saying. They don't hear anything on their end. I know it has to be on my phone if no one hears it but me. Any suggestions? Anyone else experimenting this issue?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Weird noise on Storm 2
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Sounds like interference with your phone.  A lot of times, florescent lights or other electrical devices can interfere with your phones signal.  Does the noise happen when you are in a particular spot, or does it happen if you are in a completely different place? 

Doc

0 Likes
LilRedHead

It does it everywhere! I've been in my car, I've been in the middle of the yard, in the apt, in a dealership garage.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Are you using just the phone itself, or are you using a Bluetooth headset? Also, what OS are you using?  Go to Options>About and it will be listed there.

Doc

0 Likes
LilRedHead

I'm using the phone itself. OS- would that be 5.0.0.713

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

You may try downgrading to OS 5.0.0.607.  That might help your problem.  You can get the file from Verizon at http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry/ and look near the bottom for the link to downgrade.

Doc

0 Likes
LilRedHead

OK thanks!!

0 Likes