Weird texting issue - can't text hubby without a friend being added to the conversation
sontan

Ever since the latest OS upgrade my 9930  has been having texting issues.  The most annoying is that for some reason, whenever I text my hubby a friend is automatically added to the conversation, even when I begin a new conversation with just hubby's name.  He also has the 9930 and has had the same problem with myself and this same friend.  We cannot figure out how to remove her from our conversations!  I deleted her from my contacts and now it simply adds her phone number instead of her name. 

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Weird texting issue - can't text hubby without a friend being added to the conversation
sontan

Just to add info -I've had my 9930 for over a year and regularly send out group text messages to my daughter's team.  I feel that I'm pretty good at understanding how it works, just can't figure this out for anything!

0 Likes
Re: Weird texting issue - can't text hubby without a friend being added to the conversation
rcschnoor
Legend

It sounds as if you at some point in the past sent/received a group text to/from both individuals sometime in the past. Now when you send a new text you are sending within that text thread instead of the text thread just to your husband.

0 Likes
sontan

That was my first thought but we both tried starting new threads to each other.  When we do it appears as if I'm just sending to him alone, but after it's sent her name appears and she gets the text.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sontan, I agree that this is a weird texting issue that you're having. I have not heard of or seen this issue on a 9930 before. I checked and I'm not showing an option to BCC text messages. Deleting the contact from the phone was a good step. Please also delete any previous threads that have both contacts in them. Does this happen with every message to your husband? If so, I recommend deleting all previous threads with him as well and delete both contacts and re-add. Try a test message and see if still happen. Let me know your results.

Marquia_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
MarcA100

I am having this same exact issue with my Blackberry 9930. I've tried deleting all my threads and it still sends texts to multiple people and sometimes includes random phone numbers that aren't even in my contacts. When I send a text to someone that I already have a thread started, it gets sent to another thread and includes other people. This does not happen on all texts but with certain people. Do you know if this is a Blackberry problem or a Verizon problem?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MarcA100, we don't want you to worry about little problems like this. It sounds like a device issue. Have you downloaded a 3rd party Messaging application? Are you using the Group Contact option in your device? If so, then this would send text messages to multiple recipients in your contacts. For device support, click http://bit.ly/y5iuoj

LasinaH_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mattcarvette

I am having this same problem with my BB 9930.  Has Verizon or Blackberry come up with a solution?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for contacting us, mattcarvette. This is really odd and we really want to get to the bottom of this by informing the software team of the steps taken when this happens.
Can you recall if this number was previously part of a group text?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mattcarvette

Yes, it was part of a group text. This happens with any contact that was at some point in the past part of a group text. Now even if I try to start a brand new text to that person only, it still automatically sends to the group.

This is very frustrating and embarrsing!

0 Likes