What are the data plan requirements for Blackberry Enterprise Server Express?
IT_Architect

What are the data plan requirements for Blackberry Enterprise Server Express?  I assume a data plan, but is there any other special service or plan they need that is different than any other cell phone's data plan?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What are the data plan requirements for Blackberry Enterprise Server Express?
ges147

Are you asking about cost if so that is $44.95 a month for enterprise email on BB instead of the $29.95 unlimited email/internet plan?

0 Likes
Re: What are the data plan requirements for Blackberry Enterprise Server Express?
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

The cool thing about the free BESX is you can actually use the $29.99 to get connected to it. So if your company runs BESX then you don't have to fork over $45 every month. 

0 Likes
Mstehouwer

Thats the way I understand it but I can't seem to get it to work. The option does not show on the phone.

0 Likes
drb4bb

For BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express, your business must install the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express onto their servers in order for you to have access to it. They should have some knowledgeable technicians who can help set up your phone to work with the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. On your side, all you need to have is the $29.99 data plan with Verizon.

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Just found out we had incorrect information. Verizon Wireless specifically is requiring customer's have the $44.99 corporate plan to be able to access BESX.

Previously I didn't think this would be the case, but I was showed the documentation that says a corporate plan will be required.

Drats.

0 Likes
AllenMiller

What I have observed is:

In order to get the ENTERPRISE ACTIVATION menu option on your Blackberry device you have to have the Corporate Email data plan enabled.

If you are using BESX, and have completed the Enterprise Activation, you may then change your data plan to the Basic Plan.

I have done this for a few phones and they are working fine.

Regards,

Allen

0 Likes
datanetri

That is intersting that you can activate then downgrade the plan, good to know.

This seems completely crazy to me and i'm surprised RIM isn't taking action against Verizon over it.

You do not need to pay extra to get corporate email on Android or Windows Mobile phones with the $30 data plan.

Why should blackberry be any different?

It's obviously going to cut in to BlackBerrys market share.

I'm just recommending to customers that they not buy blackberry phones and get either Android, Windows Mobile or iphones.

Or switch to a different carrier if they want a blackberry.

Come on verizon, stop haiving descriminatory pricing for blackberry devices!

It's just going to ultimately hurt RIM and yourselves.

0 Likes
cplayer

It is only wireless activation that doesn't appear on the phone with the $30 plan.  You can connect your phone to a computer and use a internet browser to go to your blackberry enterprise express' Web Desktop Manager website to do a enterprise activation or resend service books.

0 Likes