What is the difference between the two Blackberry data plans?
c_milton

What is the difference between the two Blackberry data plans? The e-mail and web plan is $30 and the other plan is $45, but there is hardly any information on the links about either plan. I don't know which to pick. Any help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What is the difference between the two Blackberry data plans?
guest27

:rebooting:  There is a difference the 44.99$ plan is for corporate enterprise users<  which mean unlimited web surf and email but also includes the ability to hook up to what is known as the BES server which stands for Blackberry Enterprise Server.

:robotvery-happy: 29.99$ is email and web for blackberry which is a consumer based plan that offers unlimited email and web surfing with out enterprise activation included :smileysurprised:

Hope that helps! But if your not apart of a corporate enterprise server than you want the 29.99 plan otherwise your wasting money! 

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The $29.99 Email & Web for Blackberry is called BIS (Blackberry Internet Service). This gives you total unlimited data access for web browsing and up to 10 personal email accounts (Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail, Verizon.net..etc). This service is configured by you, directly on the device.

The $44.99 BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server) is Blackberry's corporate solution. It also includes unlimited data access, but you only need this data plan if you need your work email and they use a BES or Microsoft Exchange Server. This type of service is configured by your IT Administrator and controlled remotely.

To sum it up, both provide total unlimited data access on your Blackberry, but the $29.99 BIS is for personal email only and the $44.99 BES is for corporate email only.
(Thank you for this detailed and understandable explanantion!)

0 Likes
new_2_bb

If I need to access email via an Oulook owa address, can I use the BIS package? Someone on another post mentioned they could do so, but it was not clear whether it was via a cable to their computer or wireless.

0 Likes