What is the policy EXACTLY since Ive been told 2 seperate things?
caymarie

I got a BB Bold 9650 in Nov of last year. Since then, I have had SEVEN refurbs. Each one with different problems. My first refurb was 6 weeks after I got my NEW device. Ive had a myriad of problems, each phone with a different issue, although some had some of the same. Around the fourth I started asking if I could get a comperable phone (since I had done that in the past) after 3 phones. They said the had stopped doing that. They sent me my 5th. (it was either right before the 5th or right after I got fed up, cancelled the whole account with 5 lines. I then decided I didnt want to pay 835 in ETF fees, and restarted them within the alloted 60 days). The 5th phone, OUT OF THE BOX had issues and I told them that. Ended up taking it into the store, they deemed it inrepairable (again) and sent me a new one AFTER FIVE DAYS. I receive my 6th blackberry three days ago.

36 hours into having the phone, the mic goes COMPLETELY OUT. I call VZW in a rage. I was told (in our local store, from an employee) between phones 5-6 (or possibly 6-7) that while VZW does no longer do the comparible after THREE broken devices, it WILL do it after approx 5 of them. Since I was on my (7th i believe) one, the guy said there should be NO PROBLEM in getting a comparible device. (Back to calling in a rage now). The girl auto offered me before I even asked, a comparible device, and I thought "gee, that guy must have been right!" we fill the order, she tells me it will be overnighted, and that the battery comes in one box, the phone in another, and it will be on my doorstep today.

Fedex comes, and only the battery has came. I call verizon, and was informed the PHONE ORDER was never put through, JUST THE BATTERY (coz im supposed to do WHAT with a battery to a droid x 2, when I have a blackberry bold 9650??) I call and ask what exactly is going on, they send me to a supervisor since I was demanding compensation for the fact that while *I* have done my part in paying my bill on time, considering all the down time I have had with non working phones, dropped calls, missed messages, freeze ups, 3 days (now 4) wasted waiting for FedEx to show up, etc, I get a 'supervisor' that informs me that hes doing me a FAVOR by "going out of the way" to give me something other then a blackberry, and was well into the way of telling me I WASNT going to get the droid x 2 and he was going to send me ANOTHER BLACKBERRY, when I pointed out, obviously the order was already cleared since I have the BATTERY that was sent to me. He continued making it sound like he was doing something "in my favor" and that he "wasnt supposed to do" by giving me a comparible phone, like the girl whom I already had talked to and had gotten a confirmation code on.

***What I want to know is, what is the ACTUAL POLICY on comparible devices after recieving X amount of broken refurbs? Ive been told that three is no longer correct. Was told in the store that 5+ was the "actual" comparible table. And this guy today tells me they DO NOT DO IT. EVER. ***

Part of the reason I cancelled my service to BEGIN with is I have been there for over five years. In the last year or so, customer service has just gotten pathetic and rude (I had a girl in the store say "Whatever" roll her eyes and walk away, last week). Service has went downhill, and the devices alone are just horrible! I havent been able to keep a phone from just shorting out or breaking past six months, and some have lasted 2 weeks, a few weeks, five days, 36 hours, etc. When I went to come back to verizon I had representatives make it HARD to come back. Im confused, do they want our service or not? Why are they telling me one thing in a store, one thing on the phone? I have held conversations with people that I now write downtheir name, number, time, date, office they are in, and most of the conversation, otherwise nothing ever gets accomplished and they try to weasel out of things that should be done like they were told to be.  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What is the policy EXACTLY since Ive been told 2 seperate things?
caymarie

does no one at verizon know their own policy?

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I am sorry to hear about your problems.  I can relate, since I have a 9650 Bold that reboots on its own, whenever it gets a notion to do so.  Enough of my problem, I will see what I can do for you.  These forums are for the most part community forums, by which Verizon does not for the most part read these forums.  It is peer to peer.  However, in your case, I will see if I can get a Verizon employee to send you a Private Message here in these forums.  They will probably want to get in touch with you via telephone and they will give you some personal service.  Again, sorry about your problem.  Hang in there.

Doc

0 Likes
Not applicable

To answer your question, there is no policy stating the number of devices that need to be returned due to defects before swapping out models.  It's not 3, 5+, 100 or otherwise.  It is replaced with the same model according to manufacturer's warranty. 

I have sent a PM to caymarie in order to address the issue.  (Good idea StreetDocRN).  My guess is that something was denied or was mis-ordered, and I'm more than happy to fix this.

0 Likes