What now? Water Damage Indicator is red.....
MLBrownewell

Ok.  My Blackberry Storm 9530 has been really acting up.  I can barely even use the thing.  There is obviously water damage from a small spill on a table while the phone was laying there.  I quickly picked up the phone in a matter of a couple seconds and wiped it off.  Since then - the phone has been barely useable.  So now what???  Am I going to have to pay some hefty amount to get a new phone?  What are the steps in getting the phone fixed/replaced/repaired in this type of situation.  Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What now? Water Damage Indicator is red.....
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

MLBrownewell wrote:

Ok.  My Blackberry Storm 9530 has been really acting up.  I can barely even use the thing.  There is obviously water damage from a small spill on a table while the phone was laying there.  I quickly picked up the phone in a matter of a couple seconds and wiped it off.  Since then - the phone has been barely useable.  So now what???  Am I going to have to pay some hefty amount to get a new phone?  What are the steps in getting the phone fixed/replaced/repaired in this type of situation.  Thank you.

If you have insurance on the device then you are covered. Insurance does cover water damage. If no insurance, you could ask Verizon or Blackberry to fix the phone for you. Otherwise your other option would be to buy a phone for full price directly from Verizon.

I got my old LG flip phone wet once.It acted all weird and couldn't barely use it. I tried a new battery to the phone and that seemed to fix it.

0 Likes
blkberrygirl
Enthusiast - Level 3

Call customer care, they can honor 1 yr pricing on the device instead of full retail.

0 Likes
cbgirl

Have you tried the rice trick? Worked for me when I accidently washed my blackberry pearl in the washing machine.

Take the battery out, and put the phone in either a bowl or baggie filled with dry rice. The object is to keep the phone totally covered by the rice. Leave it for several days, and then try putting the battery back in.

I did this, and my phone, although showing a red water damage indicator, works perfectly.

0 Likes