What should I get?
Wildapple

I currently have a BB Pearl.  Hate it and am ready to upgrade.  Should I stay with BB or go Droid?  I like to text and surf the net.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What should I get?
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Well ... I heard web browsing on the Droid is phenomenal! That being said, if you have the older Pearl, you haven't experienced 3G browsing yet. So you might like that on the newer BBs as well.

Would you have an issue with size, going from the Pearl to a Droid? That thing is huge.

Good luck deciding.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Wildapple wrote:

I currently have a BB Pearl.  Hate it and am ready to upgrade.  Should I stay with BB or go Droid?  I like to text and surf the net.

I would suggest getting a Droid phone. However, the Nexus phone is do out this Spring. The Nexus is like the Android phones that are like now. It has more features to offer and is only a touch screen phone. It might just be worth waiting for.

0 Likes
MacDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

Wildapple wrote:

Palm Pre Plus, webOS is amazing. And now that it's on Verizon the Apps and stuff for it will come fast. Linux on a mobile, way more possibilities with webOS, and it's a multitasking MONSTER. Not to say the Price is reasonable too.

0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

Also rumour is  in June Apple is finished with AT&T. The stars might align and bring you a big  red iphone. People who have seen the Storm 3 also say it will be 4G compatible, is iphone thin and is faster than the Droid. Sounds like this may be the game changer phone we were hearing about last year.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I was in a Verizon store yesterday, and while waiting, tried out the Moto Droid and the Droid Eris. I have to say, even though I had never considered it before, I really liked the Eris!

I loved its size and form factor. It has a touch-screen AND a trackball (huge plus, in my book). Web browsing seemed plenty zippy to me. And I did not like the physical keyboard on the Moto Droid as much as I thought I would.

Just my 2 cents.

0 Likes