Re: BlackBerry Q10 OS 10.2 Release Date ???
LONG_TIME_VZ_CUSTOMER
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

I don’t consider deleted e-mail a “single feature.” I consider it a core function and the MOST important purpose of the device. That is probably the case for ALL of your business customers and if you aren’t recognizing that, then perhaps that is the core of this issue rather than the software update. AT&T has just as good a network and yet they do support their customers with devices that show e-mail properly. I’ll plan on visiting them this weekend to determine the best course of action. I would have thought that a software update would be offered had Verizon indeed been the best network and support in the space.

All the best,

Erin

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LONG_TIME_VZ_CUSTOMER,

I'm saddened to learn you want to leave us due to your email feature. I definitely understand your concern and want this resolved for you as well. The way an email will sync to your phone is also a setting of the email service provider, please review question 10 http://vz.to/1g2EKOT as it may be the way your email is designed to work.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Cubbyguy

From various chatter, I'm feeling that no release is good news. I've heard there are a few issues with people that have 10.2, so hopefully BB is working on some fixes.   Yes, I'm just as pissed and as impatient as anybody, but I don't think this is on Verizon.  If their are still a bunch of bugs, consider everyone that has the current version of 10.2 as BETA testers.   

Glass half full.

0 Likes
iamtheoneiam
Enthusiast - Level 2

Where did you read this?  I haven't read anything about 10.2.1 being more buggy.  All the BlackBerry websites I've read say that 10.2.1 is awesome and less buggy and was released on most other carriers around the world, including even Verizon on the Z30 (but not Q10).  The glass is not half full.  Most of the blame (and accountability) should be placed on Verizon.

Regardless of bugs or not, Verizon should at least say something official to the public.  Official sources online have been saying 10.2.1 is at BlackBerry, out on Verizon for Z10 Z30, out on Q10 for other carriers...  And expected to be released for Q10 on Verizon on 2/4 or 2/10 - which means it is now a month later than the already late release date, and no official word on this at all from Verizon.  Why can't they give an explanation and an ETA?  Or at least on ETA on when they will have an ETA?  Or at least acknowledge that they are at some point in the next 3 months (or ever) going to release 10.2.1 so that customers like me can decide whether to keep waiting or to consider other alternatives (install leak, change phone, change carriers).  The longer Verizon screws with us, the more angry people like me get at Verizon and don't want to have any relationship with them (except to go around bashing them on the internet, to friends, and picket signs outside their stores).

scter15
Enthusiast - Level 3

How do you not have a release date?

0 Likes
scter15
Enthusiast - Level 3

Since it's been over 90 days now since the BB 10.2 release date, is very even going to release it? Or are you stalling and hoping we're just going to forget about the update?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

scter15, that's definitely not our intentions. In fact, we want our customers to have the best experience on their devices! Stay tuned for confirmation and release dates for Blackberry software update releases here: http://bit.ly/n5snpq

Lasina_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
scter15
Enthusiast - Level 3

In over 10 years with verizon there has never been such a problem with updates. You, verizon, are intentionally withholding the update. Obviously the future will provide the real reason, but presently I believe their are ulterior motives other than what benefits your Blackberry customers. Either verizon is stalling to modify the update to benefit verizon, are unprepared to release the update, or are waiting for some other specific event concerning Blackberry or verizon. The only consistent thing throughout this discussion thread is the company line about the useless link provided in your generic responses. When you stop postponing the release of the update my phone will let me know when the update is available. Every time I have renewed my contract with verizon, the prices for plans and phones have increased while customer service has gotten considerably worse. At least be reasonable and demonstrate you value your customers, provide an accurate release date for the Blackberry 10.2 update.

0 Likes
trevelyn412

I think it's our own fault for even trying VeriZon. First of all, they told me the Bold was a 4g phone. I bought it and wondered why it was so slow. Turned out that it was a 3g only phone. I told them they lied and they didn't believe me. Thankfully I found the chat log where the rep told me it was 4g. After a lot of lies and having to provide the proof several times and the most horrible customer service experience I have ever had, they caved and sold me the q10 and I returned the Bold. Now, it turns out that the Blackberry updates are suppressed by the carrier and I cannot update for the latest security? - which is why I use BB in the first place. We fail to see the tyranny sometimes and how bad this company really is until something like this happens. I am leaving VeriZon Wireless asap. Should have seen this coming, i guess. They offer the worst support and customer service on the planet, just look at the patronizing response from the employee: "good things come to those that wait." Thanks for the tip ass hat. Go fuck yourself. 

0 Likes
theonlycoop
Enthusiast - Level 2

We use devices on all the major carriers and the update is just fine. We also have updated all of our Verizon Z10's to the latest OS with no issues. Our users are happy to see legacy features returning, and our Verizon Q10 users are asking for the same.

0 Likes