Re: When will BB Priv get Marshmallow????????
pherson
Champion - Level 1

The phone works as programmed. You want it updated but it works fine. Blackberry is fading out. Nothing to do but deal with it.

0 Likes
mnrdtl
Enthusiast - Level 3

Do you work for Verizon? Because your answer is [removed]. What if you have a phone that they cant get up to date, i dont want to see you on here whining.I also ave an LG G3 thats running MM and is scheduled to get nougat and they can't get MM on a phone less then a year old. Let me know if you want me to post all of my discussions with both BB and Verizon. Also you are wrong on them getting out of the phone business, they may not e in it like other big makers but they are in it and it should be honored by verizon. My G3 was one of the first to get MM, but they have dropped the ball on the Priv. The Priv is supposed to get Nougat in 2nd quarter of 17, so why can't it get MM now?

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
mnrdtl
Enthusiast - Level 3

My post was supposed to be directed to pherson, sorry for my mistake

0 Likes
mnrdtl
Enthusiast - Level 3

What difference does it make about who makes the phone? It should be up to date. Verizon can not get their people to get it working. I know for a fact because I talked to BB and Verizon, it was released in April to all carriers, only Verizon can not get it working.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

You know for a FACT and you don't work for either company.

Hmm.

And no i DONT work for either company but the writing has been on the wall for BB for awhile now.

0 Likes
mnrdtl
Enthusiast - Level 3

An e-mail from BB  ..........

Hello Randy,

Good day!

For latest update with regards to the Marshmallow software for your PRIV. Verizon have provided us this website: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/blackberry-priv-update/.

Based on my resources this was officially released on Aug.22,2016. To tell you honestly, we haven't received any update yet about the Nougat but I can assure you that you will be informed once this software has been released on our end. Currently, the latest software available for PRIV is Marshmallow.

Since, we do not have a timeframe yet as to when the update will be released on Verizon's end. I would also like to ask if we can temporarily archived your existing ticket? Do not worry, your ticket will remain accessible for the next 5 days. If you require further assistance just dial the numbers provided below. Also, if you have time an email survey will be sent to you with regards to the service I have provided.

Have a great day!

Mary

Toll Free: 1-866-533-8067

UK Toll Free: 0800 141 3330

Give her a call if you doubt me

0 Likes
DroidudeAZ
Contributor - Level 2

Whats telling here is the Priv on AT&T and T-Mobile both got the update in May of this year. Tomorrow is October 1st...the update is  on other Priv devices. All Verizon has to do is make sure it works with their redundant apps make any tweaks they feel are worthwhile (sometimes VZW has BB put in some extra goodness) and roll it out.....I want to buy this device, but I will pass if VZW has no plans to update it.

0 Likes
rgray
Contributor - Level 1

Let's not forget that the PRIV hasn't received a security update since June. That's irresponsible on VZW's part.

vzw_customer_supportverizonmoderator2​ why don't you give us PRIV owners and update? Or don't you respond to mentions in your forums.

If anyone else replies to this thread mention vzw_customer_support​ and verizonmoderator2​ on every post. Maybe we'll get some attention.

0 Likes
mnrdtl
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well rgray i think we got screwed by Veizon. Just read this a.m. that BB is releasing major updates for the Priv to all carriers except Verizon. They must have really [Removed] off BB somehow. I wonder if we can get out $ back or a free phone swap.

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
rgray
Contributor - Level 1

Where did you see that? Can you post a link?

0 Likes