Re: When will BB Priv get Marshmallow????????
ggendel
Contributor - Level 1

It's obvious to many of us that you don't have the capacity to understand.  We've given Verizon Wireless ample time to respond to this problem but they refuse.  I no longer bother to ask anymore.  For those of us that require secure phones for our jobs, Verizon has failed, big time.  The most secure phone sold and "supported" by Verizon became orphaned less than 4 months after they provided it.  For over 4 months We've been trying to get Verizon to acknowledge that they need to tell us why this is so.  We just want them to declare whether they will or will not fix this.  All we've gotten is the runaround.

My company is taking a stand; by the end of next month my entire company is leaving Verizon Wireless.  We've purchased new Privs directly from Blackberry which should be arriving this week. So keep telling people to switch phones.  That just proves that Verizon is not listening to their customers.

A piece of advice for Verizon which has been ignored so far.  Your coverage and reliability advantage is shrinking.  We've determined that we have better US and world-wide coverage with another carrier. Basically, the objects in your mirror are larger than you see.  Continuing to mistreat your customers is not a sustainable strategy for your future.

ggendel
Contributor - Level 1

ggendel wrote:

A piece of advice for Verizon which has been ignored so far. Your coverage and reliability advantage is shrinking. We've determined that we have better US and world-wide coverage with another carrier. Basically, the objects in your mirror are larger than you see. Continuing to mistreat your customers is not a sustainable strategy for your future.

Nailed it... http://www.rcrwireless.com/20161020/carriers/t-mobile-sprint-take-bite-verizon-q3-numbers-tag2

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

The article means absolutely nothing. Best wishes at your new "carrier".

0 Likes
ggendel
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks for the well wishes but none is needed.

Please, explain how a loss in customer growth is not significant?

They have a some more "connections" but, based on the earnings report, came mostly by devices added by existing customers.  Perhaps you should read the Q3 report?

As the difference in coverage and reliability between Verizon and other carriers shrinks then what will Verizon offer as a differentiation, customer service, price?

Check out the Android forums to see how Verizon fares in discussions about carriers.  I'm not the lone voice here.  I know for a fact that many Apple employees consider Verizon number 1 in terms of difficulty when customers have an activation or billing issue.

0 Likes
ggendel
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon Executive Services has finally provided information to the FCC in an official letter. The important information reported is:

"The security update for the Blackberry Priv is expected to be released to Verizon customers in early November".

This doesn't help me anymore since my company is already committed to end our relationship with Verizon. I just wanted to let others know that something is officially promised for next month.  It's not clear whether it will bring the Priv up to the latest patches, have Marshmallow, or even that they were talking November this year. Yes, I've become very cynical after 4 months of working on this.

Sonic12040
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's good to know! I will be watching out for those updates and continued support of the phone through the end of BlackBerry's support cycle, then reevaluate at that time.

0 Likes
JM10024
Enthusiast - Level 2

GGendel,

Can you please provide the source for the quote you posted about the November release? I believe nothing I read from Verizon, I'm convinced that Verizon has abandoned all development on PRIV patches and updates, and I was planning to jump ship to AT&T this very weekend. I'd love to see the source of your prediction. Thanks.

0 Likes
ggendel
Contributor - Level 1

I have been closely working with the FCC on this issue for several months and have a copy of an official response to a complaint from Verizon Executive Services.  Unfortunately, the rules on this forum prohibit me from posting the entire letter as it contains personal material.  Unless the forum moderators tell me I can post it, you'll just have to take my word.

0 Likes
JM10024
Enthusiast - Level 2

ggendel,

I understand, and good for you for following Verizon's rules.

I am certain that the readers of the Verizon Priv User Room forum over at Crackberry would be very interested in your news, and AFAIK there's no similar restriction over there about posting your letter.

The most recent positing on that forum is a link to your posting here, so I hope you'll choose to share the letter with us over there.

Thanks for the encouraging news, either way!

ggendel
Contributor - Level 1

How about post  number 1077 in the crackberry.com forum thead "Verizon Marshmallow Update". No need for another letter posted.

0 Likes