When will Verizon push Android Marshmallow for the Blackberry Priv?
rgray
Contributor - Level 1

Can someone at Verizon give us an idea when Android Marshmallow will be available for the Blackberry Priv? It's been released by other carriers.

When can we expect an update?

Labels (1)
Re: When will Verizon push Android Marshmallow for the Blackberry Priv?
DNOTTINGHAM4
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not to mention the fact that Verizon has released it for other phones!

KJJohnson37
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been going back and forth with Blackberry and Verizon for months now!  I got tired of being the middleman so I actually 3-wayed called them to discuss when marshmallow would be released.

Blackberry informed me and the Verizon representative that they released marshmallow for the PRIV early May 2016 to Verizon. I'm not sure why it takes Verizon over 3 months to test an OS. I have not seen any update on there any Verizon web page, and everytime I call Verizon it seems to be the first time that any of the representatives have heard of it. I have been struggling with several items on the PRIV, just to mention two, I cannot send any premium text messages since the OS is Lollipop, Blackberry inform marshmallow fixed this. The second item is in regards to checking for an update. I always get an error stating cannot connect to the network.

I find it very discouraging the Verizon cannot support Blackberry users! It's almost like they could care less since only a small percentage of smart phone users have the PRIV. But the update out and the users will test it better than your techs. Very poor customer service. I'd like to receive a phone call for an update to this blog with information.

ARTZAB10
Enthusiast - Level 1

There is a real lack of effort and support for BlackBerry Priv. Cannot be that difficult. Seems Verizon doesn't want to allocate resources to complete the job.

medic22003
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not to mention that they haven't allowed wifi calling on the priv even though it is capable of it and is allowed on other carriers.  Verizon and their BlackBerry support is pretty sad

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless's Windows Mobile device users know that feeling all too well.

KJJohnson37
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is ridiculous!   Does Verizon even read these blogs?  Like I said before, release the update and the users will test it a heck of a lot faster than their developers. At least give us an update.  Everytime I call 611 the representatives are unless.  Half of them aren't even aware they verzion still carries blackberries.

0 Likes
KJJohnson37
Enthusiast - Level 3

Derek can you please provide an update?

KJJohnson37
Enthusiast - Level 3

I spoke with 611 last night and their response gave me hope.  She stated that her record show as of 7/27/16 the testing team apparently ran into "problems" and are working on them. That is what is holding up the release. She could not confirm if WI-FI calling would be enabled or an approximate date that 6.0 should have been released or will be released.

She also mentioned that several PRIV users were calling in for the same reason.  Thank you...please keep calling.  I just find it hard to believe that BlackBerry releases an OS and it works fine on other carriers, but Verizon runs into problems???   Probably all of the useless Verizon apps that they pre-installed.

medic22003
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any recent news on the update? So many improvements to the BlackBerry software that can only be seen with marshmallow.  Is there going to be wifi calling once marshmallow is pushed? Verizon really should get on ghe ball and get these two things going with the priv