Re: When will Verizon release the 10.2.1 OS update for the Z30?
ccline
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is absolutely disgraceful that Verizon is so disrespectful of its longtime and loyal customers (20 years) by not having released BB OS 10.2 as of this date.  Verizon...please give me ONE good reason WHY you have not released the update yet???  We should NOT have to sideload it...should be readily available...NOW!

0 Likes
BBZ30Lover
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have it on fairly good authority that Verizon isn't really doing any more testing of OS updates for any of their phones (maybe for IOS and Android, but certainly not for BlackBerry) and with the small numbers of BlackBerry users I'm sure they care even less whether they ever roll out an OS 10 update for the BlackBerry Z30s.  I find this insulting and an absolute travesty that Verizon would sell devices that they have no plans to properly support.  The cell phone manufacturers fix bugs and update their OS's so that they can provide a better user experience for their products.  When the cell carriers refuse to support or are unwilling to support the products they sell then they are in essence encouraging users to purchase and use the products they do support which over time limits our choices and will lead to making the cell phone manufacturer ecosystem smaller.  In my opinion Verizon should push OS 10.2.1.2141 to all of us Z30 owners, and it should be done now, because we are being prevented from enjoying a better OS 10 experience.

0 Likes
ccline
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
BBZ30Lover
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wish I could tell you, but I have no idea.  Numerous calls to tech support and they claim that they are sure it's being tested and a different tech support person will say that it hasn't been released to them by BlackBerry, which I find very hard to believe.  The bottom line is that your guess is every bit as good as mine is.

0 Likes
kaufmjh
0 Likes
keizerjrr51

It is most frustrating when I read of other owners of Blackberry Z30 phones being able to use the built in FM Radio, also able to use the ability to read and external USB thumb drive, set multiple alarms and so on and so on.  But I own a Z30 on the largest US carrier and can only use the basic OS 10.2.0 software the phone was released with.  every time I ask I get a new answer... most recently it was because the new update drops the phone off 4G LTE.  Another technician told me that this update continues to be unstable and Verizon has determined that it is too "buggy" for their customers.

What a farce.  How arrogant can you be?

Please issue the update and get over yourself.

0 Likes
BB_Power
Enthusiast - Level 2

Use Sachesi's very easy

0 Likes
smurfn_d_wampus-the-p

Well, T-Mobile appears finally gotten their stuff together and released 10.2.1 for both the Z10 and the Q10.  It may have taken a month in a half, but T-Mobile has aleast tried to work with their users.  They said there would be a delay but released with in the time frame they set.

Verizon has just given excuse after excuse about the 10.2.1 update for the Z30.  Blackberry users ask about the 10.2.1 update for the Z30 and they get:

• The Blackberry OS 10.2.1 is not available yet from Blackberry for the Z30

Funny, other carriers (non-US) have had a release and Sachesi has a 10.2.1 version for the Z30 for awhile

• The Blackberry OS 10.2.1 for the Z30 is still in testing

So, other carriers can get testing completed within a few weeks but Verizon takes over a month with testing?  Oh, I forgot that the Blackberry OS 10.2.1 wasn't released from Blackberry yet.

• The Blackberry OS 10.2.1 for the Z30 is buggy

Verizon mistakenly released the Blackberry OS 10.2.1 for the Z10 early, then pulled it, and then let it release as everyone knew they had it ready and were waiting.  But, Blackberry only gave the Blackberry OS 10.2.1 version for the Z10 (some how other carriers had versions released).  Some people have seen the Z30 in a Verizon store with a Blackberry OS 10.2.1 version.

I know I'm ranting and I'm sorry.  I just have seen too many things to believe the "wool" they thing they are pulling over Blackberry users eyes.  I think this is just sad that Verizon is dragging there feet for Blackberry 10 users.  They had better get on the ball and move ahead before their customers leave them behind.  I have better things to spend my money on than this.

0 Likes
BBZ30Lover
Enthusiast - Level 1

So...if someone where fed up with the waiting and wanted to update their Z30 using Sachesi what country and carrier code and STA100 variant did you use to upgrade your Z30 to 10.2.1.2102?

0 Likes
jhanks64
Enthusiast - Level 3