When will the Priv receive the April security patch?
CK_from_IN

With only a day left in the month of April, when can Priv users expect to see the April security patch?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When will the Priv receive the April security patch?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello CK.from.IN,

I know how important it is to have the latest updates available for my device. The manufacturer releases software updates when they have finished getting them ready for their product. They run several tests to ensure full compatibility with your device before they are made available. This is done to reduce any issues or concerns that could come up during installation. For info regarding software updates, check this link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
CK_from_IN

Looks pretty safe to say that April will pass without VZW pushing the April security update to Priv users.

[Removed]

Can't even push a 4-week old update through. Way to be.

inappropriate content  removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello CK.from.IN,

I know how important it is to have the latest updates available for my device. The manufacturer releases software updates when they have finished getting them ready for their product. They run several tests to ensure full compatibility with your device before they are made available. This is done to reduce any issues or concerns that could come up during installation. For info regarding software updates, check this link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CK_from_IN

This update has been made available to other Priv users on other carriers. So your point is moot.

0 Likes
sylviat_vzw
Verizon Employee

CK.from.IN, we understand its essential to want to have our devices with the latest and newest software updates. We want to make sure we can provide you with all options. As we don’t necessarily release the software updates, you can always contact Blackberry directly 877-255-2377 for additional options. I hope this information helps.

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
rgray
Contributor - Level 1

I think it's just bad support from Verizon that we missed the April updates and here we are in May. God forbit we get Nougat operating system for the PRIV.

The question for Verizon is.... why don't you push out the updates on time ? It's not like there are a lot of PRIV users on your network. Verizon is putting us at risk by not deploying security updates on time. No one realizes that updates are essential. If so I wouldn't be writing this complaint.@

Just poor customer service.

0 Likes
DickLewis
Contributor - Level 3

May patch is on its way. April patch ran into a lot of problems.

At only about 20.6mb, doubt it will hurt to skip this one, let's hope May update comes in a timely manner.

0 Likes
rgray
Contributor - Level 1

I doubt the May update will be available anytime soon. Almost half way through May and no updates.

@sylviat_vzw  what is your response to this ? (Crickets.....).

0 Likes