When will we get update 10.2?
Danubian
Enthusiast - Level 3

Now that the Z30 has been released have the powers that be provided any detailed information on when the official OS 10.2 update will be available for the Z10 or Q10? It's frustrating to think that the only way to have the most current OS for BlackBerry devices is to purchase a brand new device (not the most viable approach to maintaining up to date software for any phone and certainly not an option for me since my discounted phone upgrade was used on a Z10 when it became available) or download a leak of the newest OS and hope you don't damage your phone in any way.

As blogs are now beginning to report the features of the upcoming 10.2.1 update, I'm cringing that I still don't have the enhanced performance and bug fixes of the 10.2 update. So many have pointed out that when it comes to os updates Verizon has a reputation as the worst carrier. Any substantiated indicators would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: OS 10.2 Update Yet? When?
Danubian
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yesterday most blogs pointed to today being the day that 10.2.1 will be available. This means 10.2 was skipped altogether. Verizon is supposed to be the first US carrier to offer the update, but the others will also have it before the close of February.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bnauty255
Enthusiast - Level 1

Absolutely agree......This is RIDICULOUS already.....What takes them so long or is it actually being done intentional.  Could it be that VZW is forcing consumers to go with alternative devices?

Danubian
Enthusiast - Level 3

bnaut, you know it's because I do find Verizon's service to be reliable that I hate to speculate on the OS updates being delayed intentionally, but you can't help but wonder. At this time they are selling a device with OS 10.2 on it, but they have yet to release 10.2 for the other devices in their portfolio that can accept the upgrade.  My reasons for wanting the update are simple: new features and bug fixes. As a loyal BlackBerry patron, I'm not a fan of my phone based on an extensive app ecosystem, but BlackBerry Express (for presentations) is something up my alley that I cannot download until I've upgraded to 10.2. Also I was thinking that from a carrier (Verizon) perspective it is for the best if all of their customer service reps and sales team were handling BlackBerry 10 phones that all were on the same OS version.

Have you ever installed a leak?  I'm becoming more and more interested in trying it!        

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there bnauty255!  I know that anticipating an update can be frustrating. There is no annoucement of an update yet. I do have a valuable link that can help. http://bit.ly/n5snpq This shows all our annoucements! Keep us posted if we can assist with anything else.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
jinxs1591
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok we do need 10.2 because some Apps will only run under 10.2 and I know for a fact the Igrann the instagram app will only run under 10.2 and maybe a few other coming soon

Danubian
Enthusiast - Level 3

Jinks you're correct and have placed a finger on what makes every os update so important. Currently our devices are not functioning as intended. We are still owners of a great device, but we are working with a limited iteration of the OS compared to the numerous benefits of the expanded 10.2.

Again, I don't understand how our carrier is selling devices equipped with the OS (must have been tested) but then are holding out on the proliferation of the OS through the existing line of phones pending testing.

powdah
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon needs to get proactive and forget the MaBell mentality.  Give us the OS upgrade now!!  I am close to just installing a leak.

StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi, all,

10.2 is an awesome update. I can't wait until it's official.

Doc

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1055

0 Likes
Danubian
Enthusiast - Level 3

Powdah we are both feeling the temptation. I've not read anything about the OS upgrade release date, but I did read that Verizon is making the Z30 available through Amazon.Com at prices beginning at $99.  It's a shame, but it appears the quickest way to get the most current OS would be to download a leak, or purchase a Z30.  That is very disappointing from a major carrier like Verizon  

0 Likes
Danubian
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey Doc,

Were you courageous enough to download a leaked version of the OS? Are there any bugs we should beware of?  I've never downloaded a leak but read forums where a lot of people swear by the leaks and bypass the carriers for upgrades.

0 Likes