Where is "Auto Bcc to Sent Folder" on Q10?
BB-Q10

Does anyone know where the "Auto Bcc to Sent Folder" feature is on the Q10?  Would like to have all e-mails composed on the Q10 sent to a specific e-mail address (as was so easily done on previous BB models and operating systems) but I cannot figure out how to perform this simple activity on the Q10.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Where is "Auto Bcc to Sent Folder" on Q10?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BB-Q10

I'd love to make sure we find the answer you're looking for! The Auto-Bcc capability was actually a function for the BIS service, and the Q and Z10 have ActiveSync isntead of BIS. Depending on your email server, your sent items should be places into the servers Sent Items folder instead.

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BB-Q10

I'd love to make sure we find the answer you're looking for! The Auto-Bcc capability was actually a function for the BIS service, and the Q and Z10 have ActiveSync isntead of BIS. Depending on your email server, your sent items should be places into the servers Sent Items folder instead.

RuthW_VZW

0 Likes
BB-Q10

Appreciate the reply.  My e-mail account has an sbcglobal.net extension (Yahoo!).  I found the e-mails sent from my Q10 in the Sent Folder of this account which I seldom, if ever, access due to its lack of functionality and it does not fit my work practice.  All of my inbound e-mail passes this way and is deposited in my sbcglobal.net Inbox which is also "connected/synced(?)" to Outlook on my laptop (which is where I do 100% of my work).  This functionality is acceptable.  My question is:  How do I get my "sbcglobal.net Sent Folder" synced with Outlook on my laptop so that all e-mail sent from my Q10 will appear on my laptop (where I need it)?  [Note:  Not that you would recommend this, but periodically going to the Sent folder of my sbcglobal.net account and manually forwarding the selected e-mails is not a reasonable solution since I have been spoiled by the simple solutions of the old, outdated BB operating systems.]

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your patience is greatly appreciated BB-Q10! May I ask what folders are syncing to your Q10 now? In most cases, a work email or enerprise setup is required to sync additional email folders to the Q10. Do you have this services on your account?

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
BB-Q10

My Inbox.  I've never had a need with former BB Operating Systems to ever sync other folders (since I was able to Bcc anything sent from my Bold, Curve, et. al.).  Sbcglobal.net's (i.e., Yahoo's) Contacts, Calendar, etc. features are so cumbersome and functionally incapable, I have always used and maintained those items with Microsoft's Outlook (which meant syncing was never an issue using the BB Desktop Manager).  You shouldn't overthink my situation:  I'm a very simple user, with very simple needs, that desires to still have the very simple tools that have always been built into the basic foundation of the Blackberry platform.  I am self-employed (i.e., a "one man company").  All of my e-mail is "work e-mail" (in one form or another).  There is no "enterprise setup" in my case.  As previously alluded to, my self-employment since March 2009 and the manner in which I have conducted business has not been an issue because of the basic complimentary functionalities between Blackberry, Outlook, Yahoo!, and Verizon.  With my most recent upgrade to BB's Q10 (which right now not seems to be anything but an upgrade), a seemingly significant fundamental change has occurred.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BB-Q10

I'm sorry to hear this change has caused such an inconvenience for you! This updated functionality is functioning as BlackBerry designed the update to function. Please let us know if there is anything further we can assist you with today!

RuthW_VZW

0 Likes
BB-Q10

Maybe you can help me with a seemingly simpler matter?  I am unable to e-mail myself from my Q10, has anyone else encountered this same problem?  If so, how did you correct it?  I am not on Exchange, this is a personal phone that I use for business purposes (self employed).  The e-mail account is an sbcglobal.net extension (i.e., Yahoo!).  I have not made any changes to my phone (which I have only had 3 weeks) and no changes have been made to my e-mail account.  I just noticed this problem in the past 3-4 days (although it might have been this way all along) because I was trying to work around or self-compensate for the Q10's inability to "Auto Bcc to Sent Folder."  The problem is revealed to the left side of each e-mail I attempt to send to myself with a red dot containing a white dash in the center.

0 Likes