Where is the Classic? Where is the Passport??
zeshef

Dear Verizon Wireless,

As a long time customer (about 10 years), I am disappointed in the direction you're taking with BlackBerry devices. I understand if you don't want to offer the Classic and Passport the same day they are released due to exclusive rights, etc, but maybe within a month or two. Instead, not only it is taking longer but you have also abandoned other models.

Please realize there is an important customer base that relies on BlackBerry for actual business and life... these are perfect devices for work, communication, security, privacy, and multi-tasking. No other platform matches the capabilities. And for you to ignore this customer base makes you look out of touch and irresponsible.

Please hear us out and concentrate a small portion of your effort to provide these devices in your roster full of useless iOS and Android toys.

Thank you,

Customer

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Where is the Classic? Where is the Passport??
DickLewis
Contributor - Level 3

As mentioned often, in US AT&T has an exclusive for the Passport, yet they aren't even selling it yet.

So no way to know how long the exclusive is for.

Still hoping exclusivity doesn't last long and VZW does sell the Passport.

As for the Classic, I'm confident that Verizon will carry it. Not due to be released until December 17, 2014.

We still have a bit of a wait yet. Being patient is about all we can do.

View solution in original post

internetfate_net
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would not go as far as to say that Android and iOS devices are useless. Blackberry devices are becoming less and less popular amongst consumers. Even if there is a hardcore userbase for the devices, as long as Android and iOS dominate the market, the blackberry will be on the backburner.

kevets
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes they are less popular. That is painfully clear. Could they at least offer them? I hope they are on top of the Classic. At least approve them all for your network. Don't say voice over lte either!

jaboyd
Enthusiast - Level 1

Absolutely agree...I want a Blackberry Classic...not Android, not iPhone!

kevets
Enthusiast - Level 1

And if they have any Z30 stock they should update the price and sell thousands of them. Very good phone at $250 if the would just sell it.

0 Likes
DickLewis
Contributor - Level 3

As mentioned often, in US AT&T has an exclusive for the Passport, yet they aren't even selling it yet.

So no way to know how long the exclusive is for.

Still hoping exclusivity doesn't last long and VZW does sell the Passport.

As for the Classic, I'm confident that Verizon will carry it. Not due to be released until December 17, 2014.

We still have a bit of a wait yet. Being patient is about all we can do.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

At this time we have no information on the Classic or the Passport. Any news would be announced here http://bit.ly/n5snpq  so you stay informed.

VanetrisC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
JackCarr
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Passport and Classic won't be offered by Verizon simply because BlackBerry's newest phones don't run on the network that Verizon offers, CDMA.  In order for Verizon to even consider picking these new phones up, BlackBerry will have to release a version of the these phones that can work on a CDMA network.  I hope they do, but they may have a marketing strategy that targets countries whose carriers don't utilize CDMA.  BlackBerry may have already written USA off to Android and iPhone.   

0 Likes
DickLewis
Contributor - Level 3

It seems you missed some of the other posts and what is on BlackBerry website.

There is to be a CDMA version of The Classic, that has already been announced.

As for as the Passport, only time will tell. There is no way of knowing how long the AT&T exclusive if for.

Of course just because there will be CDMA for Classic doesn't guarantee Verizon will carry it.

We can only hope so.

0 Likes
Nancy323
Enthusiast - Level 1

We must be patient a bit longer, the Blackerry Classic will be coming to Verizon, just not until 2015.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/12/17/7407753/blackberry-classic-smartphone-launch-announcement-price-a...