Where is the update for BlackBerry 10.3????
Donnieroc
Enthusiast - Level 3

Where is the update for BlackBerry 10.3???  Everybody has it but Verizon customer's.  I'm not getting why we haven't gotten it yet.

Labels (1)
Re: Where is the update for BlackBerry 10.3????
JackCarr
Enthusiast - Level 3

I called Verizon technical support last night and was told that Verizon currently has no update available for any BB10 devices.  I was also told that BlackBerry has to release the update to Verizon in order for Verizon to then release it to their BlackBerry customers.  So, Verizon pointed back at BlackBerry.

If this is true, here's my theory:  BlackBerry is releasing various leaks of 10.3.???? to much smaller carriers before Verizon and AT&T get it because they want all the bugs to be worked out.  When Verizon gets something official from BlackBerry, it should be a much safer deal than what some of the smaller carriers have received.   

JackCarr
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the info!  I may give this a try in the near future.

0 Likes
powdah
Enthusiast - Level 3

Since Verizon is now selling a phone with 10.3.1, it seems someone should be able to give us an answer.  Sure wish another carrier had coverage where I need it besides Verizon.  They seem to be getting a "Ma Bell" mentality for those of us old enough to understand the title.

0 Likes
powdah
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would put good money on BB releasing 10.4.xx before we see 10.3.x

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
powdah

We know software update are always exciting! I want to make sure that you are up to date with information being released. Although we don't have a data on when this might be happening, you can stay tune by checking out our Advance Device- Software updates http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/ .

JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
0 Likes
powdah
Enthusiast - Level 3

I know that condescending replies such as this one only make us angrier.  You are releasing phones with the new updates on them, but will not release to the rest of us.

I would almost have a no comment from you as Verizon is all talk and no action.  MA BELL for those of us to understand the comment.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Because ATT is different than any other corporate conglomerate.

0 Likes
bb10qnx
Contributor - Level 1

They're likely too busy getting top down pressure to make Windows Phone #3 in the marketplace, even though, BB10 is far superior and people that truly use it, know it. Got a feeling, even VZW knows it, on the inside ;-).

Frustrate dedicated BlackBerry users enough, maybe they'll switch and BB will just go away...what they don't get is, won't happen, not here anyway. Heck, can't even find a BlackBerry device within sight in a VZW store around here. Have to first get through reps pushing/dealing crApple (sorry, not an NScrApple addict ;-)), then get through all the iPhone, iPad, etc super displays, then get through all the Droid, then get through all the Windows Phone displays, then you may find a BlackBerry buried in the back corner where no one is, and the reps have no idea how to use/promote the device to its fullest (we had to show them!). They don't even know what a Passort is when asked - yep, definitely up to speed on BlackBerry and in full support. Sad. Funny how BlackBerry rocks outside the US, even rated best OS, hmmm, so, what's the connection VZW? Who's demanding you bury BlackBerry BB10, and why are you obeying them?

If your support is sincere for BlackBerry BB10 and your BB10 customer base, get with the program and get 10.3 released to show that support! Talk of support is cheap, show it.

Maybe if the name were changed to iBerry?.......till then, all BB10 users will get is: "We know software updates are always exciting!", blah, blah, blah...

0 Likes
bb10qnx
Contributor - Level 1

Passport (sp).

0 Likes