Which Blackberry should I get?
momx3drr

I need some advice about which blackberry to get.  I had purchased the Droid & was begining to love it although the keyboard was a little small for me.  The issues I had with the Droid was that I couldn't enlarge the text when I was typing nor could I make the Icons larger so that I could actually see them without having to put my glasses on.  When I went into Verizon none of the reps knew how to enlarge the text or if it was even going to be possible in the near future.  I have a few "wants" for a new phone:

1. Ability to enlarge all text
  2. Ability to enlarge icons
  3. I would like to have a keyboard/virtual

I'd appreciate any advice since I can't get to the Verizon store today. I've been reading up on the new Devour but there seem to be some issues with this phone but it could be that they got a bad phone.

Thanks

Melissa

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Which Blackberry should I get?
MichaelO

I can only suggest you do NOT buy a Blackberry Storm.  The first model had a severe dust problem under the screen which neither Verizon or Blackberry would fix.  It sounds like the Storm II jury is still out on this problem.  Blackberry just released the latest upgrade for the Storm which is causing severe battery drain problems.  Here again who do we turn to.  Try to contact RIM and the "lights are on, nobody home".

Personally I'm waiting for either the Google phone or I-Phone to come to Verizon.

Good luck. 

0 Likes
momx3drr

Thank you for the info on the Storm II.  I was actually going to take  a look at it tonight but I was hesitant because of the touch screen.  I will probably look @ the Devour but I might just wait until the end of the month to see if any new phones come out.  My daughter has a Voyager that I might just use for awhile since my EnV2 is starting to have issues.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Just so you know on the Droid/Eris or any android phone,you can make the text bigger. All you had to do was download the app called Handcent SMS. Works like a charm in making text bigger.  As for a Blackberry phone,if you are wanting a newer phone then consider the Curve 8530. You could always go to your local Verizon store though. See the phones on display. Play around with them...get a feel for the phone.

0 Likes
momx3drr

I did download that app & the only thing that it did was made the incoming texts bigger but when you would type a text, it was still very, very small just like this.  Even with my glasses, I had trouble reading it. 

0 Likes
bstorm2b

I would look into a blackberry. On the blackberry's you can actually set the font up to a size 14 for the phone. I wouldn't rule out the storm 2. If you like touchscreens I would say the it is an excellent choice. Also the storm 2 stock theme has decently large icons. The best thing to do would go to the store and try one out. I have updated the OS and have had no battery problems. If anything the battery life is better.

0 Likes
momx3drr

I'm sure this is a really silly question but what is OS?  I see it all the time on the boards & I honestly have no idea what it means. 

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

momx3drr wrote:

I'm sure this is a really silly question but what is OS?  I see it all the time on the boards & I honestly have no idea what it means. 

Hi, Mom,

That is a very good question and one that some folks may not know.  An OS (Operating System) is the software used on a device, in this case the Blackberry, to be able to perform it's functions.  An example would be your computer has an OS called Windows Vista or Windows XP.  It is the core software that makes it go.  One problem a lot of people have when they update their OS is they upgrade without backing up any personal information such as contacts.  Would you upgrade your computer's OS without backing up any personal information?  I hope not.  Hope that helps.

Doc

0 Likes
momx3drr

Thank you for answering my question :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

:smileyhappy:  You're welcome.  Have a great weekend.

Doc

0 Likes