White screen after Standby?
Jade1095

I am having issues with my bold, when i put it into standby mode sometimes when i take it out of standby mode the screen will turn white for a couple of seconds and then i press the button again then it unlocks....what causes this and does anybody else have these problems?.....i was sent 2 replacements for this problem already and nothing worked?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: White screen after Standby?
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

To confirm, are you restoring all data through Blackberry Desktop Manager upon receipt of the replacement? If any data was corrupt from the original device, it would cause the same issue with the replacement device when you sync it. I would suggest backing up your data with Desktop manager (if not already), and wipe the device of all data. Once this is complete, put the phone in Standby mode and then take it out of Standby mode. If the problem is corrected, then there is a corruption within your data on the device.  Below I have provided you with the steps on how to complete the master reset on the Bold. 

Note: This will erase all phone data and memory.  Data will be restored to factory content and settings.

From the main screen, press Blackberry.
Scroll to Options, press Trackpad.
Scroll to Security Options, press Trackpad.
Scroll to Security Wipe, press Trackpad
Select from the following options to reset by selecting the check box

Type the word blackberry and select "wipe", press Trackpad to continue

I hope this information is helpful. Please let us know if you have any additional concerns. 

Thank you and have a great day!

0 Likes