White screen of death
BrianB

I got the white screen of death today with the message "Technical Issue Please return to place of purchase for repair." Its all over the internet (Blackberry, Crackberry forums, etc) that the recent upgrade to OS 5 is causing the problem (I have not loaded any new apps in a while, just the upgrade). Most of the suggestions say to downgrade back to 4.7 and reinstall the official OS 5. I did not load a leaked OS 5 in the first place but used the vzw upgrade and still got the white screen. I am currently trying to reinstall the OS through the desktop manager. If no one ever hears from me again you will know I got sucked into a black hole. wish me luck.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: White screen of death
BrianB

Ok well I'm still here and the reload seemed to work. I did lose my settings and an app or two but at least it works again.

0 Likes
Re: White screen of death
Vernon27

I had the same problem and the phone was replaced. When the tech at the service center reloaded the OS all of the apps that come with the phone such as DocumentsTOGo and Application Center did not load. So they replaced the phone. I am not on my fourth phone. The error I get are: "JVM Error XXX" The xxx could be different numbers such as 150, 130, 120. This is annoying at it will happen at any given time.

If this continues I might demand a Storm II or a Bold.

0 Likes