Why Are We Staying With Verizon?
ADeuchar

Why are so many of us staying with Verizon? 

I used to think it was that Verizon had the best service.  I was always the one that could make a phone call when you one else had service but as of late, that is not the case. 

It seems like more and more of my phone calls are dropped.  An all too familiar sound is the beeping of a lost call from my blackberry. 

I use my phone for work and this is unacceptable. 

I live in Portland, a big city and there should be excellent cell coverage. 

I'm thinking that the problem is that there are just too many wireless carriers now, taking up the air space that it really doesn't matter who you are using. 

I pay for two phones with unlimited calls, texts and internet.  The internet is mainly used for e-mails and for both phones I am paying $240+ a month.  That is almost $3,000 a year! 

There are so many other options out there for so much less.  I have decided that it is time to leave.  I have talked with Customer Service many times requesting what they intended to do about such steep competition and the only thing they had to counter with was that they have great service and gadgets.  Sorry, so does everybody else for a lot less.  And did you know that your phone number is yours? You can take your phone and phone number with you to any other network. 

So this is my last communication with the Verizon network saying "Do something!"

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why Are We Staying With Verizon?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

ADeuchar wrote:

There are so many other options out there for so much less.  I have decided that it is time to leave. ...  And did you know that your phone number is yours? You can take your phone and phone number with you to any other network. 

Yes, you can take your phone number (port it) to any other carrier.  Not so with the phone . . . most devices are proprietary, meaning they will work on one carrier's network, not on others.  Some phones may be usable on more than one network, but that is not the case with Verizon phones.  If you move to another carrier, you will need to get a new phone.

Still, it may be the right move for you - only you can decide which service, which plan, and which phone is the best fit for you.  For many of us, (90 million plus) it's Verizon.  For millions of others, it's another network.  Research, read reviews, talk to friends on other networks, and then make an informed choice.  Good luck.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I stay because of the great customer service, and I've only had two dropped  calls in 4+ years. My bill, with a BlackBerry plan, is only $80/month. But when I first got my BB, I had a lot of extras that brought my bill to $100+/month ... I dropped insurance and tethering.

Considering your needs, as evidenced by your huge monthly bill, it might pay to shop around though. I could not see paying that much for cell phone service. 

0 Likes
MacDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

SydneyK wrote:

I stay because of the great customer service, and I've only had two dropped  calls in 4+ years. My bill, with a BlackBerry plan, is only $80/month. But when I first got my BB, I had a lot of extras that brought my bill to $100+/month ... I dropped insurance and tethering.

Considering your needs, as evidenced by your huge monthly bill, it might pay to shop around though. I could not see paying that much for cell phone service. 

Yup, 5 Lines, 1400 mins shared, Unlimited Text and picture, WiFI hotspot, 2 of the lines with Unlimited Data ( Bold and Pre Plus)

Grand total.....$241 a month.

If you call verizon to verizon you don't need unlimited talk and could save a ton of money

0 Likes
farblue

Sorry to hear of your troubles, but I've got to tell you, I've been in this area for a decade (middle of nowhere) and Verizon is the ONLY company that has reliable coverage out here.  Our corporate phones are with Verizon because of this, and after trying three other wireless providers over the years, I've switched my personal phone over to Verizon as well.

Hopefully you'll find something better for your needs.

YMMV.

0 Likes
Kyla1234
Contributor - Level 1

Well I know why I'm staying, b/c I don't have the current $310 to get out of my contract! lol. I used to really like this company, but not anymore.. I had a phone that worked great, then upgraded which was a mistake! Now nothing but problems and all I get is the worst customer service in the world, I actually miss sprint! I hate to just port out and let it go against my credit, but I might not have a choice anymore :smileysad: 

0 Likes
george1357
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you think this is bad you should try service on one of the other providers.

0 Likes
Kyla1234
Contributor - Level 1

As much as I hated sprint, I now think I prefer them. How sad is that??? 

I wish it would have worked out to where Alltel wouldn't have been taken over by Verizon.. Only in my dreams right? *sigh*

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Kyla1234 wrote:

As much as I hated sprint, I now think I prefer them. How sad is that??? 

I wish it would have worked out to where Alltel wouldn't have been taken over by Verizon.. Only in my dreams right? *sigh*

I will say it seems Alltel customers in NC have had the worst experience with VZW buying them out.  One thing I have noticed is even though areas are combined, the SID's on the device DO NOT update automatically. I have manually changed so many of my friends SID's to the correct one in MI.

0 Likes
Kyla1234
Contributor - Level 1

I know alot of old Alltel customers around me that have left Verizon now, and I'm starting to understand why... I had a 10 minute phone call a little while ago, and the call dropped 3 times!! I kept getting "are you there? I can't hear you" or they told me I sound like I'm in a tin can talking! 

So I guess I'll be calling yet again tomorrow :smileysad: . I'm tired of it, its a waste of my time, and their's I just wish my phone worked right. 

And what is the SID your changing?? and what does it do?

0 Likes