Why can't I open mms
jjrrqq

Why can't I open mms?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why can't I open mms
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Messaging is a very important feature. We want to make sure that everything is working for you properly. We will help you here! What type of phone do you have? Do you have a messaging block or usage controls on you number? What does it show when you try to open one? Does your device have access to our data networks? Answers to these questions will help us get the answer.
BobbyN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
jjrrqq

I have a Blackberry Z10 on Verizon network, unlimited talk, text and 500MB of data.

I don't think there is a messaging block or usage control on my number. The message shows "can't open this message or message has expired". Thanks

-

Verizon Wireless Customer Support <forums@verizonwireless.com> wrote:

Verizon Wireless Customer Support created the discussion

"Why can't I open mms"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1269320#1269320

>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
jjrrqq,

I appreciate the additional details. Let's get to the bottom of this. Are you getting that message with all MMS you receive or is it only with one specific MMS? Are you able to send MMS? Have you been able to receive MMS in the past? Are you able to access data on the phone? Make sure you are not connected to WiFi when trying to receive the message and retest. Keep us posted.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
jjrrqq

I don't know anything about MMS. Is it only generated or received through mobile data? I have some but I don't turn it on unless I'm going to use it. I keep my phone on wifi at home.

-

Verizon Wireless Customer Support <forums@verizonwireless.com> wrote:

Verizon Wireless Customer Support created the discussion

"Why can't I open mms"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1269830#1269830

>

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Although it doesn't use your data plan data must be on in order for mms to work. Even if it's off and you're on WiFi it still won't work.

0 Likes
jjrrqq

So if an mms comes in, all I need to do is turn off my wifi then I will be able to open the message?

-

pherson <forums@verizonwireless.com> wrote:

pherson created the discussion

"Why can't I open mms"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1270070#1270070

>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Jjrrqq,

We know picture memories are important! Correct, to ensure proper delivery on your MMS, please turn off wi-fi and turn on the cellular network. If you continue to receive the error message on new picture messages while connected to cellular network please respond back to the post.

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes