Why does BlackBerry Desktop Manager .....
LinkRS

Hi,

Does anybody know why BlackBerry Desktop  manager prompts to update my "BlackBerry 4.7 core services" everytime I connect it to my desktop?  I have already allowed it to perform the upgrade twice, only to now have it prompt me a third time.  This is annoying, as I have to re-setup Aerize Card Loader everytime it does this.  Plus I have a hard time believing that RIM is upgrading "core services" that often with out a build number increase.  Thanks in advance for your help!

Rich:smileyhappy:

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why does BlackBerry Desktop Manager .....
uga03

If you didn't do a clean uninstall of a previous version of BB Desktop Manager before installing a newer version then this could be a possible reason. It did the same thing to me and was told this but I just stopped using desktop manager because I always had problems with it. If you have to have it then hopefully this will help but I found drag and drop to be much easier.

0 Likes
rookietrader
Enthusiast - Level 3

yeah its not updating because i'm on 5.0 desktop manager...its not installing right.

0 Likes
LinkRS

Hi Uga03,

This is a first-time install of Desktop Manager.  I was using a Samsung Omnia previous to my Storm. This wanting to install the core servics update just started happening this last week.  It prompts me to "upgrade" it every time, but when I let it do so, it dorks with a bunch of the other software on the phone.  It downgrades VCast, removes FaceBook, removes the Card Reader, and a few other things.  This forces me to have to use BlackBerry Appworld to reinstall the programs, and re-setup the card reader each time.  It seems that the software versions that are downloaded OTA, are not registerd with BDM, as it almost always wants to "downgrade" a new app to the version that came with my BB.  I can't find an option to have it ignore these other settings, just remove, or downgrade.  It is very frustrating.  I am hoping that as a new BB user, I am just missing some critical peice of info...  Thanks!

Rich

0 Likes