Why don't I receive calls while texting?
lisaw
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Curve, and if I am reading or writing a text in SMS the phone will not ring to notify me of a call, nor will it indicate "missed call."  If I am reading or composing an email, an incoming call interrrupts and I can choose either answer or ignore.  How come I  can't do that while in the SMS screen?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: receiving calls while in text screen
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have the Bold 9650, so the options may be a little different, but if I go into the Options, Sounds and ringtones, then profiles, and set alerts for chosen profile, text messages - at the bottom is a checkbox to "Notify me during calls" - it's buried kind of deep into the menus, but it's there.  Mine is unchecked by default, but my LED goes off so I can see an incoming call that way.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have the Bold 9650, so the options may be a little different, but if I go into the Options, Sounds and ringtones, then profiles, and set alerts for chosen profile, text messages - at the bottom is a checkbox to "Notify me during calls" - it's buried kind of deep into the menus, but it's there.  Mine is unchecked by default, but my LED goes off so I can see an incoming call that way.

0 Likes
lisaw
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just checked and was hoping it would be as easy as that! But I don't see that box to notify me during calls. The light doesn't flash either. But thanks though!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

0 Likes
lisaw
Enthusiast - Level 2

I thought I would look again and I found the box to notify me during calls!  It was under SMS options.  Thanks so much.

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hi Lisa - thanks for reporting back with your success!  Hopefully it will help someone else too!

0 Likes