Why isn't the hotspot working on my bb 9930?
dr_slim

hello good day!

am in Nigeria, i just bought a verizon bold 9930 off amazon. the hotspot feature does not share network. connects well with laptop but laptop does not browse. please how do i get my laptop to browse via d hotspot. thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: please help, hotspot not working on my bb 9930
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Well, you need to contact your service provider.  This is a service issue and you don't have service from Verizon, so Verizon can't provide you with assistance.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Is the device active on a Verizon account?

If not, you will not be able to get data features to work on a Nigerian carrier.

Many features (in particular data features) are controlled by Service Books on BlackBerry phones.  Without the proper Service Books, you will not be able to get data features to work.

Service Books are sent to the device from the carrier (service provider) once you have the proper BlackBerry (specific) BIS Data Plan.  However, since that device is not supported natively on your service provider in Nigeria, you will not get the Service Books.

You need to get a device that is natively supported by your carrier.  Or switch to a platform other than BlackBerry.  Or get a BB10 BlackBerry.

0 Likes
dr_slim

thanks for the reply.

the device is not on a verizon account.

will getting a verizon account help?

there was i time it worked on this very fone.

i had just finish formatting the fone and loading a new os, then i started trying all settings. just can't recall what i pressed that made it work. bt after i restored the fone settings to earlier date, it ddnt work again.

does the hotspot have a service book and is there anyway i can request for it.

thanks

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

When you "formatted" the device, you lost the Service Books that were likely there from the previous owner.

You need to get a device that is natively supported by your service provider.  That phone is not going to work for data in Nigeria.

0 Likes
dr_slim

data is workin (BIS) but hotspot is not sharing data

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Do you subscribe to a Hotspot plan from your carrier?

0 Likes
dr_slim

no i did not. my friend is using a bold 9900 from d same carrier as mine, he dd not subscribe to the hotspot plan. his is working perfectly.

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Well, you need to contact your service provider.  This is a service issue and you don't have service from Verizon, so Verizon can't provide you with assistance.

0 Likes
dr_slim

ok... wa if i copy settings from his bold 9900 to ma 9930... do u think it will work?

thanks so far

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ensuring you have wireless coverage while traveling is important dr_slim. Prior to leaving the country did you ensure the account was set up for an international data plan? Depending on the calling plan you are currently on, you may have to add a seperate feature to allow you to use mobile hotspot. To ensure your account is set up correctly for mobile hotspot, please contact our Global Support Team at 908-559-4899.

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes