WiFi specs for Blackberry Bold 9650
dutral

I have a BB Bold 9650 WITHOUT camera because I work on a military base. Recently, we've been told that WiFi devices are also not allowed.

The following is the guidance we've received:

What is NOT permitted:

Any device with a camera and/or 802.11 or any WiFi capability.

What IS permitted:

Blackberries, Bluetooth devices and cell phones with no camera and with no WiFi capability (such as Govt-issued devices) that use cellular technology like 2G, 3G or 4G.

I'm so confused as to what technology my phone uses. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks, Laurie

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: WiFi specs for Blackberry Bold 9650
Spiral
Master - Level 1

dutral wrote:

I have a BB Bold 9650 WITHOUT camera because I work on a military base. Recently, we've been told that WiFi devices are also not allowed.

What is NOT permitted:

What IS permitted:

Blackberries, Bluetooth devices and cell phones with no camera and with no WiFi capability (such as Govt-issued devices) that use cellular technology like 2G, 3G or 4G.

I'm so confused as to what technology my phone uses. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks, Laurie

The Bold 9650 WiFi specs are as follows which means it is not permitted per your information. (from the Blackberry website)

Bold 9650

WiFi information

• 802.11 b / g 

I would recommend the Blackberry Tour which was the predecessor to the Bold 9650 phone based on your information. 

This model does not have WiFi capability and was also available in a non-camera version  The Tour is still available on the website as a Certified Pre-Owned model.  Although I did not see see the non-camera version listed I would call Customer Service to see if they have any non-camera models in stock for sale.

FYI: Both the Tour and Bold are 2G/3G cellular smart phones.

Good luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

dutral wrote:

What is NOT permitted:

What IS permitted:

Thanks, Laurie

The Bold 9650 WiFi specs are as follows which means it is not permitted per your information. (from the Blackberry website)

Bold 9650

WiFi information

• 802.11 b / g 

I would recommend the Blackberry Tour which was the predecessor to the Bold 9650 phone based on your information. 

This model does not have WiFi capability and was also available in a non-camera version  The Tour is still available on the website as a Certified Pre-Owned model.  Although I did not see see the non-camera version listed I would call Customer Service to see if they have any non-camera models in stock for sale.

FYI: Both the Tour and Bold are 2G/3G cellular smart phones.

Good luck

0 Likes
dutral

Thank you so much for your help and advice.  I'll give CS a call.

Be well.

0 Likes