Re: Wierd signal issue...
rookietrader
Enthusiast - Level 3

your welcome

0 Likes
BrackBelly

This is regarding a BB tour but a similar problem. Upon getting my device I began finishing my day in bed watching TV dealing with email and whatever rather than using one of the laptops. I began to get such weak signal that it wouldn't browse or play apps. Called tech 2 twice the following day to no avail. It wouldn't even make a phone call. Needless to say I was more than upset. I had restarted/rebooted it several times as tech requested, but later in the day after powering it down I removed the battery for about 30 seconds. For reasons unbeknownst to me my BB tour started operating better(I have 2 bars now instead of one in Metro-Schaumburg/Chicago-area). Unfortunately, according to the maps, I should have a full boat of signal.

Strangely, one of the reps asked me if I was using my devise indoors. I replied of course. He said those maps relate to signal strength outdoors, so if I was expecting that kind of signal I would have to go outside to use apps or just listen to music.

(I'll just chalk this one up to... Well, the man ran out of things to say.)

On a bright note, I just returned from central(very, very rural) Wisconsin. My BB rocked. Stock quotes... A few trades... All like clockwork. It's just maddening to have troubles in a major metro area. I'm still laughing about describing my frame construction home with vinyl siding. And yes my fiberglass shingles have a gravel-like substance adhered to the surface.

I guess the lack of signal is of my cause. I should had bought a different house 22 years ago... lol.

0 Likes
snarky

Somebody else already suggested this but have them check your device.  My Storm had the exact same issue.  I had full signal and showed a data connection but after a random period of time, any data connections would stop working and just hang.  The rest of the phone worked fine but the data connections would hang trying to connect.  When I stopped and started data services, as you did, all would work again for a time.  Finally got tired of it and took it into a VZW store and was told it was a hardware issue and got a replacement on the spot.

0 Likes