Will BB10 have Voice-to-text capabilities?
claudiak2

Has anyone heard if the new BB10's will have voice-to-text capabilities?  I am most interested in the Q10 (keyboard) model...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Will BB10 have Voice-to-text capabilities?
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

From what I've read, yes, voice to text is baked in the BB10 operating system.

0 Likes
-FlyingDucks-

Since information from Verizon is lacking, the answer is 'Yes," I've seen it demonstrated.

Head over to crackberry dot com to see videos, then for crackberry's review of the BB10 go to

crackberry dot com slash blackberry-z10-review

By the way  crackberry has one of the top rated apps for BB10 and it works like a veritable encyclopedia

0 Likes
claudiak2

Thanks, FlyingDucks!  Do you know if there is any truth to the reviews I saw that said the BB10 has no Outlook or Google Calendar sync, or different notification sounds for text, email and calls?

Thanks!

0 Likes
-FlyingDucks-

claudiak2, I'm not a good one for your Google question. Reason is I've been weaning myself away from all things Google. (Their politics, their willful sabotage of Do-Not-Track, their cavalier disregard on security matters, etc finally got to me).  I found that live.com (microsoft) has a calendar I like better. Of course if you use Outlook, they are integrating Outlook at the web-mail level superseding their long-standing hotmail service. You just click on "upgrade to Outlook."  Frankly, though, I prefer the old (and cleaner to my eye) live.com (same as hotmail) look with its ever-present menus rather than context menus. Always hated 'hotmail' as an address, so use their live instead.

As far as Live.com calendar function --- or for that matter the Outlook calendar --- it synchronizes just fine to my venerable 9650. The live.com calendar is just easier for me than Google's calendar (which I used for years). Live.com has cleaner appointment reminders (sent to my live.com) too.  So...am waiting to see how all that goes with BB10.

0 Likes