Will Verizon be getting the BlackBerry DTEK60?
blgsllmtim
Enthusiast - Level 2

Will Verizon be getting the BlackBerry DTEK60????? if not, does Verizon plan to carry any future BlackBerry devices???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DTEK60
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Blgsllmtim, we really do appreciate the fact that many of our customers love BlackBerry. We currently do not have information in regards to us selling the DTEK60. If we do you will most likely find out here first >> http://vz.to/1KowmPp

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
DickLewis
Contributor - Level 3

Sure hope so, but with the latest track record for VZW, I'll be surprised to see the DTEK60.

I would buy one immediately.

0 Likes
blgsllmtim
Enthusiast - Level 2

just me again, we know you read these posts, so...........................with Verizon be selling the BlackBerry DTEK60??????  If over 300 persons have viewed this question, then Verizon it is a hint that there is a base who is would like to purchase this device.  There are many more on the tech sites who feel the same way.Why does Verizon take so long to bring out a product, respond to our post and send out updates? Does Verizon appreciate its loyal consumers or NOT????!!!?????

Thank you and Best Regards,

0 Likes
Sonic12040
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't see how the DTEK60 would be coming to Verizon. The device lacks CDMA support. My main hope is that the rumored Blackberry Mercury will contain CDMA support and make its way to Big Red.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

It appears that OEMs of slower selling products are not submitting their devices for CDMA certification. Microsoft, HP and Alcatel's latest Windows Mobile devices are all certified for GSM operation, but, none can be used on Verizon Wireless, Sprint and US Cellular.

It has been stated that it costs more to obtain CDMA certification as opposed to GSM. Add to that the fact that there are more GSM carriers than CDMA and that Verizon Wireless will be capping the CDMA network once the company has it's new network ready to go.

My guess is that smaller players in the world of mobile communication will avoid doing business with current CDMA carriers and wait for the new networks to come online before introducing new products for their customers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Blgsllmtim, we really do appreciate the fact that many of our customers love BlackBerry. We currently do not have information in regards to us selling the DTEK60. If we do you will most likely find out here first >> http://vz.to/1KowmPp

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
blgsllmtim
Enthusiast - Level 2

ok, then let's look at a different question, as Verizon appreciates its BlackBerry Consumers, Blackberry just released the update to its Operating System - OS 10.3.3.2049 is Verizon preparing to release this update anytime soon? Again loyal customers should not be ignored because of their phone preference. I choose BlackBerry as I chose Verizon, because of what I believe to be superior service.  How long, If, at all will we have to wait for this update which others have already obtained from their vendors????

Thank you and regards,

0 Likes