Will a VZW store replace trackball on uninsured device?
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

My trackball stopped working last night, and dismantling and cleaning with alcohol didn't help. Since I'm tired of waiting for the Bold and my husband just bought me an iPad, I activated a regular phone and don't plan to upgrade in the near future. But I'd like to give my BlackBerry to someone else. If I take it to a store, do you think someone would replace the trackball? Otherwise, I can order a new part from cnn.cn for $8 ... has anyone here had any luck with that?

For those of you waiting for the Bold, the CSR today told me he knows nothing about a release date. Pretty much what I expected, but at least he didn't deny its existence, if that gives you any hope.

Thanks for your time!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Will a VZW store replace trackball on uninsured device?
Crackberry20
Enthusiast - Level 3

if you go to the store they will put a new one in for you for free they did for me 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Crackberry20
Enthusiast - Level 3

if you go to the store they will put a new one in for you for free they did for me 

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3
Thanks, Crackberry20. I walked into the Verizon store today. Someone immediately greeted me, took my device in back, and came out less than 5 minutes later. My Berry is sporting a new stark white (and working) trackball. (I forgot how white they are supposed to be, not grimey gray like mine was). Verizon customer service rocks!
0 Likes