Wireless Backup of Blackberry Contacts?
Enthusiast - Level 1

If I have an individual Blackberry phone, not in concert with any corporate networks, is there a way to have my contacts backed up via wireless on a regular basis?  Can it be done in concert with MS Outlook when not using an Exchange server?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wireless Backup of Blackberry Contacts?
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

BlackBerry Protect is free and will backup contacts and a bunch of other stuff. You could also use Gmail and I assume MS Outlook would do the same thing. I have found the VZW BUA to be very unreliable.

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I second Soccer Ref's suggestion for BlackBerry Protect - it backs up contacts, calendar, text messages on a schedule you set - daily, weekly, or monthly and it will backup over wi-fi if you specify that option. . . it allows you to locate the device remotely, lock the device remotely, even wipe it if necessary, AND cause it to ring loudly even if it's turned off so you can find it when you've misplaced it!

It doesn't back up photos or music, or third party apps/settings, but for contacts, it works.

0 Likes
lemew
Contributor - Level 3

Google works perfectly and has a sync application for blackberry. I cannot speak for bua but I am sure that it works well also. I used it with my non data phone without problems.

0 Likes