With moderate signal strength, I can hear callers fine but they cannot hear me
soed23

I recently upgraded from a Blackberry Z10 to a Blackberry Classic.

When I'm on the edge of a signal, with one or two bars, I've been experiencing problems with phone communication after the call has been established with the Classic:  I can hear the other person fine, but they cannot hear me or I cut in-and-out.

This is strange because my old Z10 worked fine in the same location and with the same signal strength.

Is there a difference in the antenna performance between the Z10 and the Classic, or is there a hardware issue with my new Classic?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: With moderate signal strength, I can hear callers fine but they cannot hear me
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
soed23, thanks for this clarification. No issues have been reported in 98664 and 98632 at this time. Powering your device off/on will soft set it on our network. Keep us posted and let us on April 27th if soft resetting it while in that area is helpful.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

Re: With moderate signal strength, I can hear callers fine but they cannot hear me
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
soed23, congratulations on your upgrade to your new Blackberry device. We want you to have the best experience possible! Have you powered your device off/on since this issue started? What's your zip code? How's your service when you leave this area?

LasinaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
soed23

LasinaH_VZW,

I do not recall whether the device was powered on/off but my next chance to do so complete a location test is Monday, April 27.

My home zip is 98664, but the area in question is 98632.  The specific location where I was having the issue with the Classic is an area of limited service, and only folks who have Verizon can get service.  Even then, there are only specific sites where the Verizon phone gets a good signal.  But as I stated in my initial email, there are known areas where my Z10 worked reliably, but my Classic does not. 

0 Likes
soed23

Correction, yes the device was powered on/off and the issue has persisted.  This was a "soft" restart by holding down the power button and selecting "Restart".

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
soed23, thanks for this clarification. No issues have been reported in 98664 and 98632 at this time. Powering your device off/on will soft set it on our network. Keep us posted and let us on April 27th if soft resetting it while in that area is helpful.

LasinaH_VZW