Would you go BOLD again?
JoanGr

I have a friend who has suggested the BB Bold.  But, the folks @ the Verizon store said the Bold has so many problems that they do not recommend it. Does anyone know if these problems are being addressed? Does anyone actually like the Bold? Should I consider the Bold, or go with the Curve?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Would you go BOLD again?
ttextrovertt

If you can avoid the Bold do. I'm switching as soon as I can.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have the Bold 9650 that I got in January 2011, but didn't start using as my primary phone until June 2011.  About that time, the Bold 9930 was introduced, and I would definitely consider moving to the 9930.  The Bold has been a solid phone for me; I text, Facebook a little, I do a LOT of email on my phone (7 different business, volunteer, and personal accounts) and some browsing, though the internet experience hasn't impressed me.

I can't answer your question about the Curve, as the Bold is my first and only experience with a BlackBerry.

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello happy forum members,

I saw that you all were discussing the Blackberry Bold and I couldn't help but to engage in the conversation. As a global traveler, I absolutely LOVE the Blackberry Bold! The BB 9930 is the thinnest blackberry and it is beautifully designed to be convenient as it is comfortable. Some of the popular features that this device possesses are the qwerty keyboard that blackberry users have known to love of the years, the new touchscreen that allows navigation with a touch of the finger, and it's global services which works in over 220 countries worldwide!

From a user's perspective, the Bold is one of the very few wireless devices that allows the user to select the technology of their choice when traveling. For example, under the mobile network, there are three options for what network technology to use, CDMA, GSM/UMTS, and global. Of course the country that the user is in will play a role in determining what technology is best for wireless service. Also, I think we all can agree that blackberry devices are the pioneers of e-mail delivery and functionality on a wireless device. If you are looking for a stylish, dependable, and versatile device then look no further as the Blackberry Bold is the way to go! For more information on this amazing smartphone, feel free to visit the link below.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedP...

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Would you go BOLD again?
wolverette

Heck no! DO NOT DO IT!!!! I really hope it's not too late.  The person who touts all this wonderful stuff about the BBB 9930 obviously works for Verizon, and so has an advantage that irrelevant to an unaffiliated consumer! The problem with the BBB 9930 isn't so much about its features and lack thereof, but it's UNRELIABILITY.  It doesn't MATTER if it's suppose to be a global phone (the PRIMARY) reason I bought it.  Or a workhorse phone (I'm an on-call contractor in the HEALTH/MEDICAL field, so most calls I receive require almost immediate attention) what does ANY of it matter if the phone is completely and totally UNRELIABLE.  It blacks out, freezes.  Takes 10 minutes or longer to reboot.  Taking the  battery out of the back doesn't always help.  I cannot express the sheer anxiety and overwhelming frustration when I know I'm receiving emails and texts (even more urgent) and can't read them, because the phone is stuck.   JUST TODAY I ALMOST LOST a contract because I could not pull up the requested set numbers in my phone!  It was the generosity of the business partner who took my contact information for a later discussion.  DO NOT GET THIS PHONE IF YOUR PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS DEPENDS UPON YOUR ABILITY TO ACCESS AND EXCHANGE INFORMATION VIA [SMART]PHONE.  Perhaps BBB was constructed for the public sector, because I'm one of 3 people on my team who even still fool around with the BB crap.  Hope this helps.  If not, at least you know what NOT to get!

0 Likes
Bigdaddyota

I would go Bold 9930 again. The BEST BB until today, running SW OS 7.1 with Bundle 457....

I switched from Storm 2 to Samsung Droid Charge mid 2011 - what a fiasco - the Android platform is for Kids to play with but never a Tool to work with.

How many times did the Phone freeze and even wouldn't reboot.....wolverette would certainly had have an heart attack. Most certainly.

Since on the Bold 9930 I am back in Business with even simple things like forwarding Emails with attachments or searching in Emails with different cafeterias etc.

Download Xnobi for the BlackBerry and your Address Book gets an boost......

The reboot issue is an issue of all Smartphones as far as i have recognized but i haven't had the Bold 9930 freezing yet so that I wouldn't have been able continue with my activities on the phone.

Yes - a time square popping up at times is a bit of annoying  but here after you can rock again.

The display rocks, the Keypad is good to use and always there (!!!!!!) and the track pad is awesome.

0 Likes
GDWilliams08
Enthusiast - Level 1

NO, I would not get another BB anything.  I was told that BB is trying to get away from the consumer side and devote their lines more for the business side.  I unfortunately purchased a BB Bold 9930, bit mistake.  This is not a consumer friendly phone.  I like Facebook's Words with friends, not supported.  Get my personal TV Listing, not supported.  And the BIGGIST problem of them all is it's not 4G it's 3G still.  Verizon's Customer Service person, said that Verizon and BB had contract disputes therefore Verizon did not get any 4G BB Bolds.  As a consumer, BB is not the phone for me.  I will have to wait until 2014 to be able to upgrade to another phone or I will have to pay the full price of the new phone.  Upset with Verizon and BlackBerry for this!!!!  Again, in answer to your question, NO, I will not go BB Bold again.

0 Likes
Stover97

this phone was the worse phone I have ever had in my life....at least once a day I have to take the battery out to listen to my music or place and recieve calls... I am highly disappointed that BB had not offered a solution to their customers.  I feel as if they disregard the consumer.  I will NEVR buy another BB again...its Iphone or Droid for me

0 Likes
wusock92

I will NEVER buy another Blackberry anything! All 3 I've had were good phones at first. Call quality was exceptional. But my first Curve's display washed out (backlight lit up but nothing displayed) until I was down to 50% battery or less. So  replaced it with an updated Curve. Its display went completely dark after a year or so. Well, since my wife was used to that format, I replaced it with a Bold 9930. Now its display backlight doesn't want to remain on (after only 6 months) and now is in a boot loop that I'm having to work on. Of course I can't upgrade the 9930 for another couple of weeks without paying full price. But as soon as I can, Android here we come!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure your device is reliable and working as should wusock92. Have you tried a simple reboot by removing the battery and placing it back in? Was there any improvement? If not, connect your device to the BlackBerry Desktop Manager backup the device, complete a full restore. Here is how: http://blackberryrocks.com/how-to-backup-restore-blackberry/ . Let us know if the issue persists!

Thank you,

Lena A.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes