Your Thoughts on the Z10
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey, All,

I thought I would breath a little life into this forum by asking for your thoughts on how things are going with your Z10. I've had mine for about a month, and I love it. I had three other BlackBerry devices over the years, but the Z10 blows them away. First, the touch screen keyboard is awesome. Coming from a Bold, I was nervous about losing a physical keyboard, but no more. Next, the browser is the best so far. I'm not a big game player, so I'm not going going into Candy Crush withdrawal, lol.

So, looking forward to your experience with your Z10 (or Q10, since they are BlackBerry 10 devices.)

Doc

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Your Thoughts on the Z10
bb10qnx
Contributor - Level 1

Doc,

Awesome device, very well built, feels great in the hand, just the right size for one hand operation. Some key features:

Remote file access - access your work/home PC from anywhere

Best RF signal hands down

Time shift camera

Multitasking

BT your tunes in your vehicle, text comes in, your tunes do not get interrupted

Blackberry World - new applications coming in daily, it's a young platform and growing, QNX is awesome

Browser - best browser in LTE

The Hub

Active frames

No 'return'/'home' buttons, all touch/gesture - very nice

These are just a few, could certainly go on...

Sad, some think Blackberry is dead (wishful thinking from anti-BB bloggers/media hypes), it's just getting started, these are some seriously incredible devices and from the looks of it, the 10.2 OS update coming shortly brings massive useful updates, including running Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, and too many other productive features coming also to list here. Devs need to start taking a closer look and get on board. Hopefully VZW can get that update out OTA quickly as soon as it's finalized because their customers are going to love it! Just because BB is looking into strategic alternatives, partnerships, does not mean it's going away, far from it, it's only looking to open the growth road wider for more rapid growth. Folks should seriously begin looking to get on that road with them.

bb10qnx
Contributor - Level 1

Add on:

Remote file access - access your work/home PC from anywhere [create your own personal 'cloud' with NAS] 😉

0 Likes
Rumley80
Enthusiast - Level 3

So far, GREAT phone and agree with what has been posted so far.  I find new things to like all of the time.  Hopefully Verizon won't hobble us when OS 10.2 is released like they did when 10.1 was released (there is no way it should take over 3 months to "test" it on their network).

Another thing I find is that it is a well built device.  A friend of mine upgraded to an I-phone a week before I got my Z10 and already the on/off switch isn't working.

Oh and the battery life is much better than that I-phone (my understanding is it will be even better with OS 10.2).

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

I agree 100% about the better battery life. I have a co-worker that has to charge their iPhone after about 8 hours. My Z10 goes twice as long.

I, too, am anxiously awaiting to see how 10.2 will do. I hope it helps boost BlackBerry to the popularity it had a couple of years ago.

Doc

0 Likes
bb10qnx
Contributor - Level 1

Doc,

Same  here, battery life has been really good here too.

10.2 should give a nice boost with toast notifications [inbound message preview regardless of what application you're in and never have to quit the app you're in and open another one to respond! One can just 'keep moving' ;-)], priority inbox, lock screen notifications, task manager/device monitoring, headless apps, multiple alarms, even more app integration into the hub, native Evernote application, improved copy/paste selections, separate BBM group notifications, BBM Channels, and more. With Android 4.2.2 JB on top of that, 10.2 will be a pleasure to many. There is surely more hidden in the pockets of BB for their new BB10 platform in the future.

And for those needing more screen real estate without being much bigger overall than the Z10, the new upcoming Z30 should also be nice fit.

In time, folks should come to notice how great and well built these new BB10 devices are, making BB a popular choice once again ;-). These devices have only been on the market for less than a year, and already, in many ways, are better than other platforms that have been on the market for years, as mentioned, it's a young, nimble platform, and it's moving fast.

0 Likes
Armor23

I love my z10.  By far the best phone on the planet.  10.1 was very good now looking forward to 10.2.  The best keeps getting better.

0 Likes
jojojo1998
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi.  I switched from Android to the z10 earlier this year and although at first I loved it, the longer I have it the more I am not so impressed.  It reboots all the time, even after the latest upgrade which I was told would fix the issue.  It won't connect to blackberry link most of the time and I can no longer transfer music from link to my z10 even when it does connect.  The video camera does not stay focused very well at all and is pretty much useless.  I have tried to figure out what the issue is on other forums but nothing anyone says helps.   On the positive, it does not overheat like my android and the battery life is triple than my android.  But all in all I am having more problems than good experiences with it.  Do any of you know what to do for these issues?  I have removed and reloaded blackberry link, erased and reformatted my media card, reinstalled drivers.  I am just out of answers.  Any help from those of you who love it and seem to not have issues would be greatly appreciated. 

StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi, jojojo1998,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you are having with your Z10. It sounds like you've done most of the things I thought of off the bat. Let me do some checking around and see what else we might can suggest. I promise I will find out something for you.

Doc

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi, jojojo1998,

Out of curiosity, are you using a new Sim card, or one from another smartphone? Either way, you might have a bad Sim card. If you can, stop by any Verizon Wireless corporate store and ask for a new Sim card. There should not be any charge and may clear things up. Also, when you reloaded your OS software, did you see if your device rebooted before loading any third party apps from BlackBerry App World? It might be an app causing problems. Let me know how things go with a new Sim card.

Doc

Z10STL100-4/10.1.0.2151

Posted with my BlackBerry Z10

0 Likes