Re: Your Thoughts on the Z10
jojojo1998
Enthusiast - Level 1
0 Likes
bb10qnx
Contributor - Level 1

jojojo1998,

For the reboots, either try a new battery, [VZW? Little help on that one for jojojo1998?] or see if it's loose at all. Some have had to secure it more by placing something [folded paper, folded heat resistant tape or whatever, you can find this answer on Crackberry] to keep it secure to the contact points. You're likely rebooting because the battery is not keeping in contact with the contacts, and a new battery just may resolve it, has for many.

For Link, go to Blackberry Link download website and ensure you have the latest update, I believe it's 1.1.1.41 for PC, ensure you've downloaded the one for PC or Mac, whichever you are using. You should not have to uninstall the previous installation of Link, it will install over it. After downloading the latest version, install it, but be sure you have signed out of your current version of Link first. After installing, sign in with your BBID, look in the upper right hand corner on Link and ensure that it absolutely matches the BBID shown on your device in Settings, About. Also, on your device, in Settings, go to Storage and Access, under Access to Storage, make sure you have USB connection 'Autodetect' selected, and if you're not connecting using WIFI, turn that OFF. On the same page of your device, scroll all the way down, and ensure USB Mass Storage is turned OFF. If none of this works, change your BBID to a new BBID, sign out in Link and on your device, and log in with your new BBID. One of these should regain you access once again.

Question: Have you ever installed a leaked OS from one of those other websites? If so, what version OS, and which version are you on now?

The newest OS update coming just around the corner, 10.2, is absolutely phenominal, and you'll surely love it, so please don't give up on your device just yet, let's somehow get you going again ;-). Something went wrong somewhere, we just need to find out where, as here, we have not had one issue with either our Z10, or Q10 devices, they have worked beautifully.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey, bb10qnx,

I forgot about the possibility of a loose battery. I had that happen way back a few years ago with my BlackBerry Pearl.

Doc

0 Likes
bb10qnx
Contributor - Level 1

Doc,

No problem Smiley Happy. This has fixed this issue for many who were experiencing this, along with an OS update doing it for others, including greatly improving their battery drain.

0 Likes