after software update-missing keylock!
colie

early this morning i had a message on my blackberry curve 8530 for a software update.  it said it would take aprox 2 hours to do.  i think it was so skype could be added as an app, because thats the only difference i saw when the upgrade was completed EXCEPT MY KEYLOCK ICON IS NOW MISSING FROM MY PHONE!!!:smileysad:    And anybody with a blackberry KNOWS having the keylock on is VERY IMPORTANT!  SOOOO, has anybody else had this issue, and if so what do i do???:womanindifferent:

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: after software update-missing keylock!
Elphaba965

I'm dealing with this same issue.  I tried holding down the A key to lock it, but after I did that I couldn't get the keyboard to unlock again!  I finally just took out the battery and restarted the phone.  I emailed Verizon and Blackberry but I don't know if they will actually be able to tell me anything or not.  For now I'm just setting up the password lock and crossing my fingers for an update to fix this one.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I think the keylock has been a problem noted with the update.  It appeared in a few of the Tour 9630 OS leaks that were put out this past week.  I bet it's a problem with the OS.  It will be addressed by RIM soon.  A lot of complaints have be made in other forums.

Doc

0 Likes
jnestell
Contributor - Level 2

Out of curiosity, is the lock icon hidden or compeletely gone?  To view hidden items, on the desktop hit the menu button and select show all items.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

jnestell wrote:

Out of curiosity, is the lock icon hidden or compeletely gone?  To view hidden items, on the desktop hit the menu button and select show all items.

Hi,

I believe he was talking about the shortcut where you hold down the letter "A" on the keypad and it activates the lock screen.  This can be done from any Blackberry with a keyboard.  Also missing from this update, when you press the mute key, the phone will not go into standby and some users have reported pressing the $ key does not activate the speakerphone.  This are just a few glitches reported by some users.

Doc

0 Likes
jnestell
Contributor - Level 2

I understand now.  Since my update I have had random issues with the BBM app and the SMS app locking up.  I can go in and out but not directly click on any conversations or bring up options through the menu.  It eventually unfreezes but is a real pain.  If I have a urgent conversation, I have to do a battery pull.

0 Likes
maherchar

Called the Verizon store I just got the phone from a month ago, and she thinks the update wiped out the keylock from choices in programming the convenience key.  Her only solutions were to use the other keylock combo ("a" to lock, "play" to unlock), and complain to Blackberry/Verizon.  If enough people complain, they may add it back in with another update.

0 Likes
morenita

I found mine by accident...its on the top, the mute button. hold it down till it locks...

0 Likes