backup asst. on new tour
slphantom

for the life of me I can't find where to download the backup assistant on this bb tour. can someone help?

thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: backup asst. on new tour
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Don't worry, you're not crazy. You CAN'T download Backup Assistant to the Tour, that app is not compatible with Blackberry devices. You can take your old and new phones into a store and they'll transfer over the contacts for you. Once you've got that completed you want to install Blackberry Desktop Manager (BDM), should be a CD that came with your phone. BDM will allow you to keep backups of all your information; contacts, messages, memos, documents, settings..etc etc. So do backups anytime you change something big, that way if the phone gets lost or your data goes kaput then you can restore everything.

0 Likes
Re: backup asst. on new tour
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

nmchileman is correct.  The Backup Assistant is not compatible with any of the Blackberrys.  I personally have used Susteen's Data Pilot software over the past few years.  It has worked well for me.  But if you don't want to spend any money, use the Blackberry Desktop Manager software that was included on the CD with your device.  Either way, it beats loading contacts one at a time.

Doc

0 Likes