bing and v cast videos apps on storm suddenly appeared
mln1523

I used my phone all day. I haven't pulled my battery or reset my phone. All of a sudden a bing app icon and a v cast videos app icon appeared on my home screen. Did this happen to anyone else? Why did they load their selves on my phone? Does anyone know about this issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: bing and v cast videos apps on storm suddenly appeared
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

It's not an issue. VZW is pushing these apps to all Storm users. So everyone should see this icons start showing up soon. They're not full applications, the icons are just shortcuts to download the apps. So the icons only take up a few kilobytes of space. Maybe 10-20 kb's. If you don't want to see them simply hide them. There's no way to delete them permanently.

It can be annoying, I know.

0 Likes
dsquared

These showed up on my phone too. It is incredibly frustrating to have these unwanted apps on your phone. There is a reason I don't have the toy iPhone. I don't need these useless apps on my phone cluttering it up like songid or vzw tones! I had to create a folder to place all of these unwanted apps to hide them. I wish Verizon would get it together. If I wanted it I would have downloaded it.

Dear Verizon:

Stop junking up my phone, I don't need these useless apps. Thanks.

0 Likes
Ladypradehe

ok I have a question. I already have BING and VCast Video on my Storm II, but when i try to access them or MY Verizon which is also an ICON on the menu I get a HTTP 502 ERROR, are you all getting that as well?

0 Likes
Contrail

I got that also. Just re-download My Verizon app and the icon will work when pressed.

0 Likes
mikedamirault
Contributor - Level 3

dsquared wrote:

These showed up on my phone too. It is incredibly frustrating to have these unwanted apps on your phone. There is a reason I don't have the toy iPhone. I don't need these useless apps on my phone cluttering it up like songid or vzw tones! I had to create a folder to place all of these unwanted apps to hide them. I wish Verizon would get it together. If I wanted it I would have downloaded it.

Dear Verizon:

Stop junking up my phone, I don't need these useless apps. Thanks.

I have to disagree, I agree with the part that Verizon shouldn't push downloads in this way, they should have a downloads app and have all apps be downloaded from that app, but I have to disagree with the part of not having apps "cluttering it up", if you aren't going to put apps on the blackberry, you might as well get an EnV 3 instead, or better yet, just any old flip phone, do we really need a full QWERTY keyboard for short texts?

0 Likes
twester

I don't care about the icons being pushed but:

1.  They should work without any HTTP errors (unlike the Bing icon).  I might have been interested in playing around with that one.  But it's useless as it exists now.

2.  They should be deletable.  Hiding is not adequate.

0 Likes