Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
***Announcement: Welcome to the new Verizon Community! We have merged our Wireless and Fios Communities to bring you the best place to discuss any Verizon product or service, along with all things tech! We have many new features to discuss with you in the coming weeks, but first we want to make sure that all of you who have been active on either of our communities before are able to log in! For many of you, we have been able to merge your Wireless and Fios community accounts so all of your Community contributions are all in one place. If you were active in both communities and you previously used the same My Verizon account to log into both, you’re all set! You will be able to use those same credentials to access the new Community. If one of those accounts was with My Verizon and the other was a Community Member Only account, please use your My Verizon account to log in. Please note that we were only able to merge those accounts that were attributed to the same email address. If you only had one account on either Community, you can log into that account exactly as you have before. For some of our Fios Community members, you may have an issue logging in. If you had an account on the Fios Community and you’re having login issues, please use the Community Member Only login page and use the “Forgot my info” link to reset your password. Once you complete this, you should be able to log in normally. If you continue to have any further issues logging in, please email us at verizon.community.team@verizon.com and we’ll assist you to get you back in the Community! Keep an eye on the Community announcements - we can’t wait to show you what’s in store. The Verizon Community Team
blackberry 8530 trackpad/keyboard not working
ilovejohnnydepp

yesterday my phone just like stopped working. the trackpad will work someplaces but i can't scroll when i click the blackberry button. i can't change the volume. i can't type certain keys. it's just going insane. help me.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: blackberry 8530 trackpad/keyboard not working
vereyezuhn
Master

ilovejohnnydepp wrote:

yesterday my phone just like stopped working. the trackpad will work someplaces but i can't scroll when i click the blackberry button. i can't change the volume. i can't type certain keys. it's just going insane. help me.

Have you tried doing a battery pull? If that doesn't work, are you within the 1 year warranty period? You should take it into Verizon and show them the problem and see what they can do.

0 Likes
RalphT
Contributor

If you are still having problems, please reply to the private message that I am sending you.  I will call you to provide troubleshooting assistance. 

0 Likes
Michelle3279

I am having the same problem, same scenario - no moisture, worked one minute and stopped the next. I have tried pulling the battery (multiple times).  Help!

0 Likes
alewis36074

I am also having this problem. I tried doing a restore to my phone but that didn't work. Can you please help me?? It's frustrating!

0 Likes
suzz

i had  the very same thing happen to my phone. I TOOK it to the store , they did some troubleshooting on it,  they told us to send it in.  That was a bad idea!! I did exactly what the tech told me to do, i sent it in. They sent me back a REFURBISHED phone back to me , and SAID IT WAS NOT DEFECTIVE, AND CHARGED ME 299.00.  FOR A REFURBISHED PHONE???  I INITIALLY GOT MY ORGINAL PHONE FOR FREE, AND NOW THEY ARE BILLING ME FOR A USED PHONE.   i really dont understand why this has happened. i told them later on the phone i didnt want the phone and would return it , they refused , and i have been charged on this months bill.

if yu have insurance that might be a better way to go. i did have it , but thought the phone was defective like you. I feel a little bent and they didnt help me....... they took me for 299.00.

hope yu have a better expierence :smileyhappy:

0 Likes