blackberry Storm 9530 not charging since upgrade to lastest version
jkcokley

both my husband and I have the same bb storm 9530 and ever since we updated our phones to 5.0 the batteries on our phones will not charge properly, will not hold a charge and it doesn't matter how you charge the phone via usb, outlet or moble charger in fact the phone is actually draining the battery. 

I can have have the battery fully charged and get only 20 minutes of talk time before the battery needs to be recharged again.

My husband phone simply dies.

Yes -  we have removed the battery and done all the tricks -

the problem is not the battery - its the upgrade and i want to know how to remove the upgrade so i can actually use my phone for more than 20 minutes.

i have been searching the web all night about this issue and have found that I am not the only person having this issue and that according to Verzion - They DONT EVEN KNOW ITS AND ISSUE.

WELL VERZION ITS A BEEPING ISSUE.  GET IT FIXED.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: blackberry Storm 9530 not charging since upgrade to lastest version
jlee7
Enthusiast - Level 3

Which version did u upgrade to? There are a few versions of 5.0 OS. Make sure the one you now have is the one Verizon has officially approved for the 9530. I know things can get buggy when versions other than the official versions Verizon has tested for their network are used. I only had this problem once on a trade in device. I returned it and got a different one. But that one never did charge the whole day I had it. Never had a problem with my original phone or the second trade in. You may want to check out Crackberry.com and check out the forums there. Seems to me I heard about an issue with that on those forums. You can also downgrade your OS software to a previous version with your Desktop Manager. That is the only way I have ever, or would ever,  upgrade the OS on my phones and never had an issue. And the Desktop Manager 6.0 makes it super easy to sync all your contacts, pictures, music, videos, settings, ect... And makes it easy to transfer all that to new devices. I upgraded to the 9550 Storm 2 two months ago, so I haven't kept track of any software upgrades for the 9530. The latest version I have on my 9530 is 5.0.0.328 which worked great for me. Hope this helps.

0 Likes